Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 27 replies

‘They don’t need the AT&T Wireless employees at all. '

IIXxRaVeNxXII

Feb 17, 2004, 3:43 PM
ATLANTA - Cingular Wireless won the bidding war to acquire AT&T Wireless Services for nearly $41 billion in cash, a deal that would create the nation’s largest cell phone company.

The merger between the second and third largest U.S. wireless companies was announced Tuesday as Britain’s Vodafone Group PLC withdrew from the contest after four days of rising bids.

Combined, Cingular and AT&T Wireless will have 46 million subscribers, enough to leapfrog Verizon Wireless’ market leading customer base of 37.5 million.

AT&T Wireless chief executive John Zeglis will not remain with the combined company once a deal is approved, he told reporters Tuesday in a conference call. Cingular CEO Stan Sigman will be chief of the company, Zeglis said...
(continues)
Travinator

Feb 17, 2004, 6:18 PM
Yep! Now the SWB owns them AT&T those employees are mostly going to the unemployment line just as we did 2 years ago.
DJCrazy

Feb 17, 2004, 11:35 PM
good luck to cingular...

AT&T Wireless hit with class action lawsuit
A class action lawsuit against AT&T Wireless was filed last week in Los Angeles Superior Court and on behalf of all allegedly defrauded AT&T Wireless customers in California.

The class action alleges, numerous offenses. First, AT&T Wireless has used false and deceptive advertising to bait customers with one plan and then, intentionally, switches customers to other more expensive and intentionally confusing plans without their knowledge or consent. Second, AT&T Wireless is allegedly double billing customers when family shared lines should not be billed at all! Unresponsive customer service representatives allegedly have claimed to fix these problems only to have them...
(continues)
cloudedvision

Feb 17, 2004, 11:43 PM
😲 🤣
sucks to know you gotta pay more after payting 41 million.. ouch..
annetagonist

Feb 18, 2004, 12:13 AM
That "lawsuit" is a bunch of frivolous bullshit. There is no bait and switch going on. I know it sucks for consumers when there are errors on their bills, but that's not just Attws. Verizon and Sprint have big issues with that too. No one is forced to change a plan to a higher plan. The only example that I can think of that would be even remotely close to is where someone lives outside of the legal market area for ATTWS and signs on to a service agreement (specifically the Digital One Rate, or no roaming plan) under an address that is within ATTWS legal market area. Then after three months of having high off network usage, they are forced to either terminate their service, or change their plans. None of these practices are illegal. Cu...
(continues)
cellphfrk

Feb 18, 2004, 2:18 AM
what do you think about rumors on verizon's forum about sprint and Verizon merger?
annetagonist

Mar 7, 2004, 6:05 PM
..at this point, I could care less. Its all headed in the direction of one big corporate monopoly, just like everything else in this country is.
lancaja

Feb 28, 2004, 1:55 PM
Yes, we are upset because we will not be the largest company anymore... but wait..

"Yankee Group industry analyst Roger Entner, who predicts that Verizon Wireless could retake the top spot 18 months after Cingular completes its purchase in the fourth quarter"

Oh no, 18 months...

Look up the document for yourself. 😁
Glennbkr1

Mar 3, 2004, 3:36 PM
Just a piece of advice from someone at Cingular. Stan Sigman our CEO came up through the ranks of SBC by starting as a guy who Mopped and Swept the floors at his local Telephone company. he definitely breeds an attitude of. "I don't care what your background, eduction level, or where you come from, if you can get results in the job you do you can get promoted in this company" thats not a direct quote, but thats the reputation he tends to carry with him from my discussions with people that know him and have worked directly for him.

I think it would be a mistake to think that by his direction AT&T employee's would be cut loose in favor of Cingular employee's. Thats usually a HUGE mistake in most mergers. The people at AT&T that stick ...
(continues)
chino

Mar 3, 2004, 6:00 PM
wow.. that sucks
alogator

Feb 18, 2004, 9:10 AM
Who are all these people who just create these rumors and think that they are so informed. DJ dont just write something that you read and believe evrything you hear. No one intentionally messes up someone invoice. the company is sold and now will go on to dominate the wireless industry there will be no competition at that point. It will see a high increase in service and will become the leader. People should just wait to see what happens and stop the rumors 🙄
muchdrama

Feb 18, 2004, 12:33 PM
You've got some brown stuff on your nose there, buddy...
alogator

Feb 18, 2004, 2:02 PM
Hey much drama your name desribes you well. no brown nothing you have no idea what you are talking about it and that is a shamed. But everyone needs to talk, even if they dont know what there talking about
muchdrama

Feb 18, 2004, 2:18 PM
Oy vey, buddy. There are such things as proper grammar and syntax, you know. Yeesh.
annetagonist

Feb 18, 2004, 9:01 PM
Appaprently they don't need the AT&T wireless employees... at least very much. I just heard that Cingular will close all the AT&T call centers, except for the top two. That seems a bit rediculous though... Cingular has fewer subscribers, the same amount of call center employees, and now they are taking on 21 million subs? That's going to be a hold time nightmare. I suppose Cingular does outsource to India though.. so maybe that will make up the difference.
badspawn

Feb 18, 2004, 9:35 PM
Well was this "heard" from a reliable source or just someones opinion? I think you are correct about the customer base its busy enough with each carrier with the current customers.....double that and they will revolt and verizon will rule again. 🙄
annetagonist

Feb 18, 2004, 10:53 PM
Umm.. actually it came from an ATTWS supervisor.
badspawn

Feb 18, 2004, 11:37 PM
well Im almost certain that supervisor is incorrect but hey change is constant in this buiz. If so Cingular would make the changes down the road a ways about 8 months I would say to overlap systems. They will need time to work out the bugs and behind the seens work. By then a more vivid picture will have developed and questions can hopefully be answered
annetagonist

Feb 18, 2004, 11:54 PM
.... they got the info from the "All employee teleconference today.... but whatever, believe what you want. John Zeglis is also going to quit when the merger happens.. but this is no surprise.
badspawn

Feb 19, 2004, 12:29 AM
Well hell thats all you had to say was All employee conference.....yeah I cant believe he bought a massive amount of stock and is walkin. Of coarse money does things to people. It really pisses me off that they slid this under the rug till that last minute and now act as if it was a good thing for the employees the only benifit we have is coming back to work. John's taking his cool 2 mill and jumping ship. Ive lost allot of respect for Zig.
Convergeeman

Feb 20, 2004, 3:08 PM
what i really love is even thogh i somewhat work for attws i still know ill have my job. i love working for convergys job security rocks

😁 😁 😈 😁 😁
fongoddess

Feb 21, 2004, 3:31 PM
I wonder what will happen in the markets that don't have Cingular, but do have AT&T. For example...Denver. Seems to me like Cingular would need the current AT&T sales reps and account reps. Or, I guess they could transfer current Cingular employees out to Denver. Hmmm...
dyobnek

Mar 5, 2004, 1:26 PM
OUTSOURCE TO INDIA?? Please lay the crack pipe down and back away slowly.
We're trying to improve our CS, not kill it. I truly think a slight majority of the AT&T floor reps will be let go, except the best of the best. There will be many more customers to assist and we will need reps to handle their calls.
LMAO... 'outsource to india' hahahahahahaha...
annetagonist

Mar 7, 2004, 6:02 PM
Umm.. actually AWS already does outsource to India. Try calling at 3:00 in the morning. Who do you think answers the phone, smart ass?
Why don't you set your bong down, do some research and get some facts before you start spouting off with your knee-jerk reactions.
Convergeeman

Mar 7, 2004, 6:04 PM
actually to tell the truth there are 3 centres in indai that do service attwireless. through convergys the company that i work for outsources their services and technology like their billing system yes 3 centres in india
callgirl

Feb 25, 2004, 3:49 PM
after all our hard work, we get sold out. 👿 the top dogs and the shareholders are laughing all the way to the bank, while we're standing in the unemployment line. i'm going to verizon wireless. their coverage is better anyways. 😛 WHAT A SUCK!!!!!
muchdrama

Feb 26, 2004, 10:49 AM
Wait...shouldn't you actually wait till something happens? 😲
callgirl

Feb 26, 2004, 6:51 PM
you mean like the titanic? no thanks 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.