Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 16 replies

NEW CARRIER: $39.99/month Unlimited Talk + Text + Web

eclipseexpert

Nov 12, 2009, 8:06 PM
I'm assuming this should be put in the "Rumor Mill" since it didn't come out yet.

Anyway, I've been reading up on a company called Eclipse Mobile. I've been taking a lot of time researching it and asking the company a lot of questions.

So far, I know the price should be $39.99/month. It includes unlimited talk, text, web, and some other features, including navigation.

From the looks of the coverage map, it is using Sprint's native network. So, this means there isn't roaming (similar to other sprint mvno's).

There is not much on the company's website but I'll link it anyway:

http://www.eclipsemobilephones.com »

Let me know what you guys think. I've done a lot of research on this so I should be able to answer your questions. Af...
(continues)
llama

Nov 15, 2009, 1:53 PM
Sounds like another MVNO...
eclipseexpert

Nov 15, 2009, 3:59 PM
Yeah, it is an MVNO.

Just in case you're wondering, the launch was delayed. It should be up within a week. 🙂
llama

Nov 15, 2009, 4:08 PM
Same coverage as Sprint?
eclipseexpert

Nov 15, 2009, 4:11 PM
Yeah, but there isn't roaming.
viper27

Nov 16, 2009, 8:13 PM
sounds like your full of it to me... you know EVERYTHING about a carrier before they come out??? i doubt it...
eclipseexpert

Nov 17, 2009, 10:00 PM
The launch is delayed, just like the website says. It will be coming out soon. You'll see soon enough. 😁

Like I said earlier, I've been following it for a while. I know the company well now.
SugaR-E

Nov 17, 2009, 11:41 PM
no name for the carrier?
eclipseexpert

Nov 18, 2009, 10:01 PM
Did I seriously forget to put the name?

Ha, I'm sorry.

It is Eclipse Mobile.

Website is..

http://www.eclipsemobile.com »

They are still updating it. Hopefully it will be all set soon. 🙂
bdo3272

Dec 30, 2009, 6:59 PM
WOW! What a sham of a site! 😳 Complete BS! I wouldnt even reccomend clicking on the link as it leads to some a crappily made page (prob by eclispeexpert) that asks you to download a bunch of crap. if you click on the links it just leads to more pay websites...u would think u could atleast dress it up a little and make it look half decent 🤣
crood

Jan 4, 2010, 11:12 AM
It's acutally worse than it was before.

Originally, it had a bunch of old Verizon phones and no mention of the supposed deal.

Later, there was a countdown clock to the "new" Eclipse Mobile, that still came up weeks after the clock hit zero.
ecycled

Nov 18, 2009, 1:53 PM
Full 3G/3.5G/wi-max, or throttled bandwidth availability at this price?
eclipseexpert

Nov 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
I think there is a 5 GB cap, and it is 3G, not 4G.

I'll double check on the cap and I'll get back to you on the 4G. 😉
Azeron

Nov 21, 2009, 2:15 AM
Page Plus has Unlimited Text and Talk for $39.99 using Verizon's network.
eclipseexpert

Nov 23, 2009, 8:23 PM
Yes, they do! Page Plus offers an excellent plan, on Verizon's network (which is excellent). Page Plus actually got in the game early. I think they were the first Verizon MVNO to offer a deal like this.

Now, Eclipse Mobile is going to offer unlimited web and navigation for the same price, which is what puts Eclipse Mobile ahead. Now, if you're not in the Eclipse Mobile coverage area (uses PCS network, not Verizon), then Page Plus would go back to being the best deal.

I, personally, had Page Plus in the past, way before their unlimited plan, and everything was great. I would have never imagined a plan like this being offered with Page Plus. Oh, have things changed!

(Just so you all know, Eclipse Mobile's launch has been delayed. I do...
(continues)
PHONESCOOP LORD

Jan 1, 2010, 3:32 PM
??
a1zoomer

Jan 12, 2010, 6:49 PM
That sounds like a good price. Have you looked into the http://www.mrv.globalverge.com site? It is set up wth a MLM system and you can get paid using VOIP and Cell Plan services.
Let me know if anyone kows anything about this site.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.