Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 15 replies

true or false?

Happy Hour

Oct 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
I heard (not sure if it's true) that if a T-moblie customer was useing an unlocked iphone, and were to do an insurance claim, that T-mobile would send them a G1 phone! interesting eh 😳
meeshxsmith

Oct 10, 2009, 4:06 PM
Hmm...

If a subscriber had a phone that was Customer Provided Equiptment on their ensurance we would attempt to send the most comparable model in our stock.

It would be a smart phone, with a touch screen that is for sure.

I don't deal with Team Mobile, but just talking in general for cell phone insurance.
viper27

Nov 16, 2009, 8:16 PM
team mobile?? WTF is that??? hahaha...
PhonemanJ

Oct 13, 2009, 5:35 PM
I don't think that this would be true. First of all, You should only be able to add insurance to a new or refurbished phone purchased from the store or carrier. If you had an unlocked iPhone, it would be considered customer's own equipment and be inelligble for insurance. If the customer bought another phone at T-Mo and then used the iPhone, the insurance should only cover the phone bought from T-Mo. The customer should be asked for proof of purchase for the insurance to cover a different phone. So the iPhone hould not be covered.
Menno

Oct 19, 2009, 1:32 AM
not to mention that you currently can't insure an iphone (at least according to asurion)
cellphoneguy

Oct 19, 2009, 1:42 PM
As long as you can produce a recipt they will cover any phone you want!
famoussasjohn

Oct 19, 2009, 1:46 PM
cellphoneguy said:
As long as you can produce a recipt they will cover any phone you want!

not 100% true when the device is not insurable. they will have a different device on record and you will be automatically denied. they cant take in a phone that they do not support.
cellphoneguy

Oct 19, 2009, 1:52 PM
What im saying is the will insure anything of better grade then the normal crappy phones(iphone)(blackberry storm) you mite not get the same phone back. I have even seen them send money to a customer to get the same model since they could produce a recipt. I have seen this with my own eyes.
MrGoofball

Oct 19, 2009, 4:38 PM
No the iphone is completly utterly 100pct we no touchy uninsurable. You put your sim card into an iphone the insurance automatically drops. If you somehow slip through the system and try to file a claim on an iphone the order gets cancled and you get told sorry not gonna happen and get sent off to customer care. The rules for other phones do not apply to iphones period the end.
Chrissy0614

Feb 16, 2010, 4:38 PM
cellphoneguy said:
What I'm saying is the will insure anything of better grade then the normal crappy phones(iphone)(blackberry storm) you mite not get the same phone back. I have even seen them send money to a customer to get the same model since they could produce a receipt. I have seen this with my own eyes.

IM SORRY TO SAY BUT THIS IS NOT CORRECT WHAT-SO-EVER. WORK FOR T-MOBILE AND SEE THIS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME- IF YOU USE A NON-SUPPORTED PHONE THAT IS UNLCKED FROM ANOTHER CARRIER IT IS MOST DEF. NOT COVERED IN THE INSRANCE AND THE CLAIM WOULD BE DENIED.... 🙂 SORRY
vampyra

Jan 8, 2010, 12:02 AM
they will not cover any phone under insurance. must be a t-mobile handset purchased from t-mobile.
sinister

Mar 2, 2010, 12:52 PM
psssttt....iphones not eligible for insurance anyway, its a high theft item no insurance company will touch it. fyi, extended warranty i.e. apple care plan is not insurance.
hepresearch

Jan 10, 2010, 7:51 PM
False. For three reasons; 1) in order for Asurion to insure a T-Mobile customer's phone, a) it must be provided by T-Mobile USA, and b) it must have been purchased within 30 days of the application of the insurance policy, meaning that the iPhone cannot be covered since it cannot be purchased directly through T-Mobile USA; 2) in order for Asurion to insure a phone, it must also be a qualifying device, and the iPhone is not a qualifying device in the first place; 3) Asurion requires that you have valid proof of ownership, which, in the case of an unlocked phone, you are not likely to have as the carrier cannot confirm your IMEI. I'm not entirely sure about 3), but perhaps someone who knows better can correct me if I'm wrong.
a1zoomer

Jan 12, 2010, 6:42 PM
Do you know if the site mrv.globallmobile1.com has a good exchange policy?
NEPats726420

Feb 20, 2010, 8:16 PM
probably not
babyvaz

Feb 18, 2010, 8:26 AM
PHP Insurance covers both T-Mobile and non-T-Mobile devices, but customers will only receive T-Mobile devices as replacement devices.
Exception: iPhone is NOT covered by PHP.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.