Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 10 replies

verizon getting iphone?

NOTSMART

Oct 4, 2009, 7:10 PM
so i have read alot of post about verizon getting the iphone and i can see that it is a touchy subject considering it is just a phone. so now that its coming to that time were this phone is rumored to release within six months or so does anyone know if it would be worth it to sit on my upgrade and wait for this phone or should i take advantage of the windows 6.5 htc imagio that comes out october 6th??? i am looking for a straight forward answer without all the negative remarks about people asking dumb questions as far as i can see this is a educational forum for people who dont any better and just want to know the answer the simple question. 😎
PACWEST

Oct 4, 2009, 11:43 PM
If there's something you want now, get it. I wouldn't hold you're breath waiting for Apple & VZW to hold hands. 🙄
ecycled

Oct 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
Get the HTC. I'm betting you could have that phone and get an iphone if it comes to past. ATT gave special consideration to its existing customers when the iphone was released and let them upgrade to it.

Currently, have you considered: Get a VZW mifi hotspot thingy, buy a ipod touch, get skype. There you essentially have an iphone on VZW. The only downside is you have a 5GB limit per month.

If you run into what att ppl run into, you may find the HTC Imagio runs faster internet too. Its a win win.
famoussasjohn

Oct 5, 2009, 12:08 PM
ipod touch doesnt have a mic. wouldnt work anyways.
famoussasjohn

Oct 5, 2009, 3:28 PM
joker5381 said:
doesn't have what?

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/voice-memos. ... »
try recording a message, you need a mic to be plugged in or you need the headphones that come with the iphone that the microphone attached.
I have a 2nd gen Ipod touch, it does not have a mic.
ecycled

Oct 5, 2009, 5:45 PM
Unfortunately my post was a secondhand information situation. It was a video I watched on cnet.com where they said this is how you do it, to fix the ipod touch mic problem we can change it to iphone. Buy one and use wifi. Could be worth it, all I know is screw the iphone and use the HTC natively.
bigred84

Oct 28, 2009, 7:06 PM
I truly beleave verizon will hold an Iphone eventually. As a whole company (vodaphone owns 45% of verizon) vodaphone is the largest purchaser of IPhones. So its a matter of does verizon feel that this will be the best business decision. Its easy to say yes but sometimes the pain isn't worth the result.
SprintCC

Oct 31, 2009, 4:21 PM
The issue isn't whether Verizon wants the iPhone, they do. The issue is whether Apple will agree to make the phone avaialble to other US carriers. As long as AT&T offers Apple the world for the exclusive agreement there is no promise that Apple will ever go anywhere else... no matter how many iPhones Voda is buying.
franknjosie

Nov 1, 2009, 10:38 PM
Probably the worst business decision I've seen in the industry over the last decade was Apple signing an exclusivity contract with AT&T. To sign an exclusive deal with ANY carrier is just plain idiotic. The only purpose a cellular manufacturer serves is to push boxes, as many boxes as fast as humanly possible.

But we all know why they did it...for Apple, it benefits them to pick a weak brand (i.e., the "new AT&T" that arose from the ashes of the Cingular/AT&T branding war) that will allow them to plaster stores with their logo. That's something not many companies are willing to do, and they shouldn't, really. A mixed branding message can spell disaster for any company.

Remember...AT&T wasn't Apple's first choice. Go back and fin...
(continues)
PHONESCOOP LORD

Oct 29, 2009, 6:09 PM
another iphone...wooow keep crying over it lol 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.