Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

watch out for the v300 big problems

thatphoneplace

Feb 10, 2004, 9:12 PM
better watch out for the v300 I just got my first one back and now I have been notified that they are having big problems with them. That why we (sub dealer........dude under the master agent) cant get any. also I hear that the camera maker for all the t-mobile phones are holding everything up with getting more camera phones. so its really not motorola or samsung its their camera makers! 😡
dtownsound8

Feb 10, 2004, 10:59 PM
are you implying that all manufacturers of phones for t-mobile get their cameras from the same company? i'm not sure i buy that
DP3908

Feb 11, 2004, 10:58 PM
My sources tell me that its the company that Motorola gets their cameras from.
Trashed

Feb 12, 2004, 3:28 AM
The v300 does have problems. It's pretty much a piece, I hate to say that. But, T-Mobile's cameras aren't manufactured by one company, by the way. The Sony Ericsson t300, is also crap.. Nokias seem to be the most reliable type of handset at this point. Flips phones in general, I think are pretty delicate, more about appearance than performance, and I'm not about to pay $300 for a phone that looks pretty but doesn't work worth a ****.
JDigital

Feb 13, 2004, 12:52 PM
I have been using the V300 for the last couple of months, and so far it seems solidly built and free of problems. It also gets really good reception. I've had about twenty of them come through my store since they were released, and I haven't heard one negative remark about any of them yet. I think we should be careful about using anecdotal evidence to categorically dismiss a model of phone. Motorola has had serious problems lately especially with their T series phones, so I imagine it would be easy to say "all Motorolas suck" but so far I'm pretty impressed with the V300... Of course if mine starts falling apart I'll be the first to let y'all know.
Trashed

Feb 13, 2004, 1:38 PM
I am not using 'anecdotal' evidence to dismiss a specific phone model. I work for T-Mobile, and have done enough exchanges on that phone due to freezing, and randomly shutting off to know that the phone has some BIG problems.
JDigital

Feb 14, 2004, 7:28 PM
Well, there are a lot of uninformed people that post on here who are willing to call a phone a piece of crap just because the one they had happened to be bad. I personally have had my ears open about this phone and have used it myself, and I haven't heard the things that you have. It did crash on me once or twice in the two months I used it, but once I got it reset it wasn't a problem. Some people get really upset about that kind of stuff, but if it only happens occasionally it really doesn't bother me. Problems like you describe may also be a software or firmware glitch that is eventually ironed out in the future, as opposed to a general problem with the phone that makes it a lemon. Anyway, you know what they say about opinions and ass...
(continues)
Aleq

Feb 15, 2004, 10:08 AM
Well, I had a dealer call in with a customer who'd already had three exchanges on the V300 for the same issue, apparently a whole bunch of them cycle through the ringtones when you plug them into the charger--pretty annoying when you charge your phone while you're sleeping, like most of us do. She said she'd had other customers with the same problem, but they're living with it. I've also done exchanges for missing LCD covers, charging issues (from Motorola?! Who could have guessed?!) and miscellaneous powering off and dead audio issues--so yeah, it is too early to tell definitively whether the thing is a festering pile o'crap, however it is fair to say that the current level of exchanges does not bode well for this being the magic bullet f...
(continues)
Aleq

Feb 15, 2004, 10:34 AM
I just now processed an exchange for a V300 that has had its finish flaking off like dandruff since mere days after purchase, also it powers off and on randomly, and best of all it rings all by itself with no call coming in, then won't stop ringing until the phone is shut off and the battery removed... 😳 I dunno--looking not so good... 🙄
Big Daddy

Feb 17, 2004, 1:03 AM
thats crappy motorola for ya 🤣
Aleq

Feb 19, 2004, 2:56 PM
I swear, every time I see the big TA-DAAAAH announcement of yet another Motorola model I just cringe... More charging issues, more coverage issues, more lalalalala.... Don't be diggin' the Moto, me! 😡
Gjazamona

Feb 23, 2004, 9:05 PM
It's a Motorola! Of course it's going to be a big software flop! Cell phones and Motorola DO NOT go together!
cellhound

Feb 25, 2004, 1:39 PM
the best phones Motola ever made were the original Startac and the V120c.9great reception and huge battery life) and i really don't like MOTO products .
muchdrama

Feb 25, 2004, 5:47 PM
I work as the wireless lead (fancy name for being the full-timer) at a major electronics retailer, and so far the only problems I've heard about the V300 (yes, we sell this phone through Tmobile) is in regards to the blue finish flaking off after normal wear and tear, and the phone powering off on its own due to a software problem. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another example of Motorola dealing out low-grade crap to the general public. A shame, really. I want my StarTac back.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.