Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 22 replies

T-Mobile Eyes Sprint Merger To Battle AT&T, Verizon

Adam We

Sep 14, 2009, 9:42 PM
T-Mobile is reported planning to merge with Sprint Nextel to battle AT&T and Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Combined, T-Mobile and Sprint would battle AT&T for second place in the wireless market. While Sprint's assets are attractive, an analyst said the differing technologies used by Sprint and T-Mobile would create "a mess." I don't know how much truth there is to this!! I have heard this rumor since I started working for Sprint 5 years ago.
mrpmpfan

Sep 15, 2009, 5:14 AM
The analyst is correct they use two completely different technologies so it wouldn't be a true merger one company would have to disolve and go away, which if they are competing against AT&T I would say Sprint would go away since they don't use sim cards.
T-Monster

Sep 15, 2009, 1:19 PM
Weren't they buying out Sprint? It's a different story. They buy them, they do whatever they want with it. But yes, it will be a tremendous mess to try and make both networks compatible. However, if done correctly, would be a very smart move. It just has to be presented perfectly to the FCC or the chances of it getting approved will be pretty much zero lol
dtpocket38

Sep 22, 2009, 9:50 AM
you would think that sprint wud have learnd there leson from the last merger cdma+iden+gsm jus dosnt mix well lol just more head aches for the consumers and employes
ATnT Nokia

Sep 15, 2009, 2:02 PM
Deutsche Telekom, not T-Mobile. DT is interested in buying Sprint. 😎
Jayshmay

Sep 15, 2009, 11:52 PM
Deutche Telekom/T-Mobile are the same, DT is Tmo's parent company.
ATnT Nokia

Sep 16, 2009, 8:33 AM
DT owns T-Mobile and it is DT, not T-Mobile who is interested in purchasing Sprint.

so even though they are in the same family of companies, DT is still a separate entity from T-Mobile USA. T-Mobile is not like AT&T where all subsidiaries are under the AT&T name even though each company is still its own entity legally.

eh, it's hard to explain online, but at the end of the day, T-Mobile USA has nothing to do with the potential bid, it is their parent company, DT doing the bidding.
cellphoneguy

Sep 18, 2009, 5:53 PM
U are retarded, thats like saying jaguar has nothing to do with ford even tho ford owns them.Sprint is mainly in the states so it has everything to do with tmobile usa. Dt is tmobile overseas and its called tmobile usa here cause its the USA but at the end of the day DT owns tmobile usa so its one in the same. Better ask somebody foo...by the way its nice to see atnt coming out with my faves. Please get off tmobile jock. That is all good day.
thickjake

Sep 19, 2009, 8:34 AM
not to get off topic - but Ford does not own Jaguar. They sold it to an Indian company a while back.
SS EarlGoodman

Sep 28, 2009, 2:26 PM
haha guess we know who the real retard is now. If you're going to make an example the least you can do is make it accurate.
xexy

Sep 21, 2009, 11:27 PM
youre an idiot

youre trying to say that tmobile usa is placing a bid on sprint, when thats not the case at all, DT is placing the bid, dt just happens to own tmobile usa
ATnT Nokia

Sep 22, 2009, 8:05 AM
xexy said:
youre an idiot

youre trying to say that tmobile usa is placing a bid on sprint, when thats not the case at all, DT is placing the bid, dt just happens to own tmobile usa

Don't tell him that or he'll call you retarded too. In his sick little mind, he is right, and everyone else is wrong.
ATnT Nokia

Sep 22, 2009, 8:04 AM
but I will just sit back and dwell upon the fact that I am right that it is DEUTSCHE TELEKOM making the bid to buy Sprint and not T-MOBILE USA and that you are wrong and have confused the whole situation because you think DT = T-Mobile when in reality T-Mobile is OWNED by DT. T-Mobile USA used to be Voicestream till DT bought them and rebranded them to T-Mobile.
tmo32

Sep 24, 2009, 11:15 PM
yea, ask somebody foo..... and by the way, att does not have my faves, nor does verizon. 10 faves lines shared per family account is not the same as 5 my faves per phone which could equal up to 25 lines, tmobile was the originator and you best believe they are going to improve on this now that the others are catching on. also, DT is now looking to buy into clearwire, which is the leader in 4g development. tmo already made the announcement and started HSPA+ upgrade to the 3g network....which is already running better than some of the other competitors clogged up networks. tmo is not just sitting back with their feet up on the desk, they are making huge strides into becoming a true competitor in this industry (bout frickin time) and when they ...
(continues)
dtpocket38

Sep 25, 2009, 3:24 PM
t-mobile was not the orginator alltell was with the my circle
ulcards

Sep 25, 2009, 3:50 PM
a couple of things are wrong here,ALLTELL was the 1st with the fav 5 my circle stuff not t-mobile. 2nd att does have a new fav 5 deal it was on this site in the news just b4 sprints release to the all mobile anytime deal.
tmo32

Sep 25, 2009, 10:55 PM
My circle is a certain amount of Unlimited numbers per account that you have to split, which is what att and verizon are now doing, this is not my faves, this is our faves. T-mobile has 5 numbers per line that people can program and not share, this is my faves. Big difference
ulcards

Sep 26, 2009, 2:20 PM
They all may not be the same, but I was stating Alltell was the 1st to start this type of deal .. but my favs, my circle non of these even matter Sprint countered those plans with the genuis anymobil anytime 😁 thats my fav 250,000,000, greatest thing ever...
cellphoneguy

Sep 28, 2009, 1:01 PM
So if tmobile-usa is owned by a parent company then that would make it the same!
ulcards

Sep 29, 2009, 2:40 PM
wasnt refering to the companies notbeingthe same, was refering to the comment i replied to about my favs..
nextel18

Sep 17, 2009, 9:54 PM
This will not happen. There are many technology and financial hurdles that the combined entity are going to be facing.
tytheflyguy

Sep 29, 2009, 12:45 PM
Even if T-Mobile and Sprint merged, what good would that do? Neither can compete in terms of reliability or quality of service, so what makes you think the two can combine and do better. Plain and simple: Verizon or nothing else.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.