Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Palm PRE for Verizon???

ibdribbles

Jul 13, 2009, 5:48 PM
When is it coming? I've been a steadfast fan from the very beginning...I'm pissed that PALM went with SPRINT, but VERIZON has there heads up RIM's butt's with the Blackberry's (can't stand them). I heard something about the end of this year perhaps for VERIZZON and PALM PRE???
lxav06

Jul 13, 2009, 7:27 PM
i read unconfirmed that it will be available end of year for vz and att. which competitvely i think is awesome. one of the most popular phones with the big three. ( which helps palm be out of the "problem" with exclusivity deals that came with the storm and iphone.) since it looks like comgress will be stepping in on that stuff soon. very cool phone, i liked it when i had it ( i returned it thinking it did not do screen capture only to find out afterwards that it does) but sort of works in my favor being that i may consider the pal pro or wait till htc someout with another device like the mogul
crammy1

Jul 13, 2009, 9:16 PM
cool...this is my first time here in the rumor mill and this is the first thread that i read...i guess people here live up to the name then...no, they (vzw/att) wont get the pre...their CEOs just said that when the pre was coming out to prevent their customers from jumping ship to sprint....
ibdribbles

Jul 14, 2009, 8:31 AM
RIGHT...SURE...and that's why VERIZON will be carrying the iphone at the end of the year too. AT&T has had them for over two years and Apple has started complaining about the fact they can't WAIT to get out of this deal...crappy service, limited bars, numerous crashes and dropped calls...yeah, I see PALM PRE coming to VERIZON at the end of the year. If PALM wants to grow any faster in this market and not get strapped to a dinosaur that's tanking out they have to get onboard with other carriers. Hell, SPRINT just had a recent merger with ERICKSON (I believe) to help them out (can you say "bailout? not doing very well these days...their market shares are tanking out and the company is losing customers left and right. VERIZON is doing a tad...
(continues)
crammy1

Jul 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
u definetly are misinformed dude...thats what u get when u stay too much in rumor forums...tsktsktsk 🤣 🙄

*sprint didnt merge with ericcson, they just outsourced the management of the network(ie, the towers)before u even react to that, that is the practice now worldwide in the wireless industry, but only sprint is doing this in the US.

*nobody from apple said that they had "started complaining about the fact they can't WAIT to get out of this(at&t) deal" -i dare you to post a link that states that(im looking for a news article atleast or official statement from anyone at apple, and i mean one of the VPs not a first line employee, OK?)

*are you nostradamus or stoned? you "see" the palm pre coming to verizon? do u see whats...
(continues)
crammy1

Jul 17, 2009, 11:05 PM
and ill say it again..att and the vzw execs only said that they'll be getting the palm pre to prevent their cx from jumping ship...because they recognize that the pre is a very competitive device...

they 'may' get a similar phone with a webOS interface but not necessarily the pre...
i hope that clears that our 👀
SprintCC

Jul 18, 2009, 12:46 PM
Simply put, Verizon and AT&T can't get the Palm Pre at the end of the year. Sprint and Verizon may get the iPhone, because the exclusive agreement will expire at that time.

The agreement between Palm and Sprint just began in June. Thus, it will be quite some time before it is available to other carriers. Even if the claims in this thread were correct, which they are not, Palm couldn't jump to another carrier. They are under contract with Sprint. And unlike a cell phone contract, this one would cost tens of millions to break. And since Palm is still running at full capacity to keep Sprint supplied with the Pre there wouldn't be much sense in paying millions to have a difficult time supplying other carriers with the device.
lxav06

Jul 18, 2009, 2:37 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/28/verizon-wireless- ... »

2nd one
http://www.i4u.com/article25354.html »

3rd
http://www.intomobile.com/2009/06/11/palm-pre-coming ... »

i would lean towards yes due to phone release history ( as far as i saw from htc) is that if sprint get is first verizon soon follow generally "6 months" after.
Kayslay34

Aug 24, 2009, 12:22 AM
Those are all old post, about a month after the pre hit, sprint confirmed they have exclusivity with the pre into 2010, but verizon is getting a phone that has palm web os, but not a pre in the first quarter of 2010.
viper27

Nov 16, 2009, 8:22 PM
the pre is with sprint and sprint only!! moron...
VZW611LA

Jul 18, 2009, 10:34 PM
There will never be a iPhone on Sprint because there network has little to do with the rest of the world. The only reason Verizon will get the iPhone is because of what we picked for 4G, LTE.
vzwcorpagent

Jul 19, 2009, 9:23 PM
Correct, which also means that until Verizon has a LTE network up and functional Apple WILL NOT build an iPhone for it. So Verizon should hurry it up before Apple renews AT&T's contract!!
gsmallover

Sep 14, 2009, 3:30 PM
i read at unwiredview that verizon will have the pre by end of 2009
Azeron

Nov 21, 2009, 3:34 AM
http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comment ... »

Nope. I think Apple executives making it known that they are dissatisfied with AT&T might be a breach of contract. At the least, it would be poor business etiquette.
GTAexpert

Jul 29, 2009, 10:31 AM
VERIZON IS NOT GETTING THE IPHONE THIS YEAR.
GTAexpert

Jul 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
ibdribbles said:
RIGHT...SURE...and that's why VERIZON will be carrying the iphone at the end of the year too. AT&T has had them for over two years and Apple has started complaining about the fact they can't WAIT to get out of this deal...crappy service, limited bars, numerous crashes and dropped calls...yeah, I see PALM PRE coming to VERIZON at the end of the year. If PALM wants to grow any faster in this market and not get strapped to a dinosaur that's tanking out they have to get onboard with other carriers. Hell, SPRINT just had a recent merger with ERICKSON (I believe) to help them out (can you say "bailout? not doing very well these days...their market shares are tanking out and the company is losing customers le
(continues)
prizbilla_babykilla

Aug 8, 2009, 8:15 PM
did you just call RIM a "poser smart phone company"? wtf? they've been rocking out some sort of smart phone since the beggining, maybe even before that. don't be ignorant, c'mon.
Azeron

Nov 21, 2009, 2:20 AM
So what? Motorola was once the king of cell phones but this is the present...not the past. We get that you don't like Rim. Keep it moving.
sprintsmart21

Jul 30, 2009, 6:31 PM
Palm has an exclusive deal with Sprint to provide them with the Palm Pre. This is not a contract with other companies, just sprint. I know this b/c we had to be extremely secretive about the phone and all that jazz that comes with or surrounds the subject of the phone. Verizon and At&t aren't getting the phone. They may be getting phones that are close in likeness, but not THE phone.
PING_GOLF

Jul 29, 2009, 5:15 PM
YOU SHOULD BE WAITING FOR THE HTC PRO 2
prizbilla_babykilla

Aug 10, 2009, 9:39 PM
chyeah! winmo6.5 B17CH35!!!!
🤣
subzero1313

Aug 3, 2009, 8:38 AM
end of the year? no. Early 2010? Yes. Sprint has an exclusive until at least 2010.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.