http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=3&fi=2092

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

Back to message list

Top message:  Number portability by fazworld   Oct 30, 2003, 9:55 AM

Replying to:  Re: Number portability by vzw girl   Nov 6, 2003, 8:54 PM

Re: Number portability

by wb    Nov 6, 2003, 10:34 PM

Hi Vzw girl. I got my information from an article on rcrnews.com. The contention is not so much that VZW is not ready for LPN but that it is currently only about 50 percent ready (which is far more ready than a few other outfits) for all that LPN entails. It was an article. I posted this when the article was on top of the rcr news bundle. You will need to read their article and dig into what all they are they are concerned about to get a better grasp on how that group perceived the readiness of the cell phone carriers to fully provide LNP services.
I did not dig into very deep, but RCR wireless News tends to produce reliable articles.

Personally, I am rather impressed with VZW (not from the adds, but from people I talk to). I just prefer to stay with a TDMA ready phone until the complaints about CDMA call quality balances out. I have read many posts that report call quality to go down when too many people are on the same VZW system.

PS. These same chaps stated that VZW can look forward to adsorbing 26 percent of all the LNP customers out there.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.