Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 25 replies

ATT getting touch screen blackberry?????

Happy Hour

Feb 10, 2009, 2:18 PM
SO i keep hearing rumors that ATT is getting a version of the blackberry storm??? anyone know if this is true????
ajlineman

Feb 10, 2009, 3:36 PM
I haven't heard anything about it but I don't think its gonna happen. AT&T already has the BOLD to make all the blackberry lovers happy, plus the iPhone, LG VU and LG INCITE plus a few others to make the touch screen lovers happy. I don't imagine them breaking their backs to get it, but I don't know everything so....
X3R0B4R5

Feb 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
i believe that rumor is coming from the fact that the storm is GSM compatible, BUT that, at least at this time, is only for international roaming (like on vodafone's network) you are able to get a verizon sim card for that reason.
now, i believe, w/the right software or info you would be able to unlock the storm to use on a U.S. GSM network, in fact i'm almost possible you could do this, but the possibility of loss of functionality is always a possibility, especially when doing this w/essentionally a CDMA phone.
who knows, if anyone figures it out, i would love to hear about it though!
skrischi

Mar 3, 2009, 2:50 PM
I would just check the blackberry website (not just what they sell in the US). I know in germany every phone takes sim cards. So u could just buy it online and then put an at&t sim card in there!
LEGOMAN

Jun 25, 2009, 9:58 PM
i would love to see if the storms GSM slot could be unlocked to be used on a GSM network in the states. anyone got a clue?
GraGG

Jun 25, 2009, 10:18 PM
no you dont, that phone is terrible, i get a return on any i sell within a week
LEGOMAN

Jun 29, 2009, 9:24 PM
wow man that really answer my question

i mean i guess i wasnt really asking about if the gsm slot could be unlocked

but saying that i love that phone and think its amazing and really fast and doesnt freeze up

you know me all too well GraGG xmfd
gsmallover

Sep 14, 2009, 3:40 PM
you can unlock the blackberry storm 9530 for at&t and configure the internet to work so there you have it. why wait
monkey0717

Jul 8, 2009, 12:04 PM
The phone isnt all that bad maybe your just selling it to the wrong ppl the ones i sell never get returned.....and the phone can be unlocked my co-worker did it and uses it on t-mobile
tytheflyguy

Sep 29, 2009, 12:59 PM
I've noticed some people are giving false information. The Blackberry Storm can be unlocked, just like any other cell phone. The disadvantage is that you lose all the stand-out features such as the navigation and the Blackberry app world. And no, you cannot just slip an AT&T SIM card into it and it will work. Completely different networks and technology. I work for Verizon so i'm pretty well-versed in these matters.
mrpmpfan

Sep 15, 2009, 5:16 AM
Being an AT&T Employee I know that some have gotten their Storm to work correctly on our network, however we can not provide any assistance in getting it to work on our network. Also you void your 1 yr warranty and we can't offer insurance on the handset.
BlackberryNum1User

May 26, 2009, 4:34 PM
to be honest, i dont think they will get the storm due to the fact that att has the iphone exclusive rights and the storm was suppose to be the "quote on quote" version for VZ. Also this a rumor that att will be the first to get the Blackberry thunder. So a year from now dont be suprised!
Tomdg07

May 27, 2009, 12:32 AM
plenty of people use storm on att network no problem, as far as the iphone without a contract extension the exclusive rights will be up after this year i believe, not sure which quarter or the exact date though
TmobileEmp

Mar 1, 2009, 3:01 PM
I know here at Tmobile there is talk about it sometime in the future. I know AT&T has rights to the Storm I believe tell May? Not positive on that but I believe that was what I read. Like said there is a GSM version of the storm out but it is also going for $800+ on ebay last i checked. Also not sure if it still has all the features as the CDMA version. I really hope we get a GSM version released for one of the local carriers because I want one very bad! Its bad enough I use an iPhone 3g on my employee plan thru T-Mobile lol.
bodacious1981

Mar 2, 2009, 4:15 PM
and dont tel;l me yall believe that
lxav06

May 31, 2009, 1:00 AM
nobut according to news on here, there will be a palm pre on att near or after the end of the year.
bored09

Jun 6, 2009, 6:59 PM
Well whoever gets it they need to fix it cuz it has some major problems!!!
sultrypickle

Jun 30, 2009, 10:12 AM
AT&T wireless has no intention of offering the BlackBerry Storm at this time. This phone has some major issues and AT&T wireless doesn't feel that it is up to "snuff" with most of their products. Once these issues are corrected then it may be offered but I don't see this happening anytime soom.
Azeron

Jun 14, 2009, 7:36 PM
I was browsing the web and I came across an article at Crackberry about AT&T getting four new Blackberries: Magnum, Onyx, Gemini and Pearl 3G. I am very interested in the Magnum as it is reportedly going to include Touchscreen and Qwerty keyboard.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-magnum-onyx-pearl-3 » ... »
tytheflyguy

Sep 29, 2009, 1:02 PM
I'm interested to see what the new Storm 2 can do
whiteboy55

Jul 6, 2009, 2:02 PM
not till Verizon gets an Iphone, dont hold your breath
Wireless Consultant

Jul 7, 2009, 11:00 AM
I was told by my Blackberry rep that we will get a new Blackberry in the Fourth quarter.
thickjake

Sep 19, 2009, 8:38 AM
You will see a touchscreen BB from AT&T prior to the Holiday season.. Although it will not be the device VZW currently has.
mrpmpfan

Sep 19, 2009, 9:41 AM
What I have heard is it will be a half touch screen, half keyboard device like palm.
thickjake

Oct 6, 2009, 9:28 PM
That is correct.. it looks more like the Bold
skibum

Oct 7, 2009, 5:20 PM
LOL, the half touch screen? I hope your not thinking of the Onyx. The Onyx is the only "bold' like phone coming this holiday season. Its also known as the 9700. There is no "half" touch screen planned.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.