Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

(Rich Brome)

Griffin

Feb 7, 2004, 1:13 AM
do you know if virgin mobile will carry the kyocera camera phone, or any other phone.

do u know what carrie the curitel identity will be on.

And what plans do virgin have up there sleeves, anything from new phones to camera phones to Push to talk

thanx 🙂
dtownsound8

Feb 7, 2004, 12:21 PM
i wouldn't know. you wouldn't cath me dead with a kyocera phone, much less one from virgin mobile
Rich Brome

Feb 7, 2004, 1:03 PM
I honestly don't know.

The Slider and Vox have both sold very well, so I would guess there will be additional models coming from both Kyocera and Audiovox.

I also know that Audiovox has more camera phones available and in the pipeline than Kyocera. I also think Audiovox's camera models would be better suited to Virgin.

I'm sure Virgin will need to offer a camera phone before too long - they're extremely popular with every other carrier - I'm sure Virgin isn't oblivious to that.

The Curitel Identity is a GSM phone, so there's no way Virgin could offer it. I don't know what other carriers are considering it.
casey13

Feb 7, 2004, 1:23 PM
but why would virgin want to offer a camera phone. dont all they do is prepaid?? and on prepaid not many carriers would alow for GPRS to be able to send the pix. 😈
Rich Brome

Feb 7, 2004, 2:24 PM
But that's what sets Virgin apart from other prepaid services - they do offer data services already.

They offer SMS and WAP. They charge a dime per message sent, and a dime per "content page" on WAP. Receiving messages and navigating WAP menus is free.

A photo service would fit perfectly with their model - they could simply charge 50 cents per photo sent, for example.

I should note that AT&T goPhone also offers data services.

PS: Since Virgin uses CDMA, it's technically 1xRTT, not GPRS - same idea, though. 😉
Griffin

Feb 7, 2004, 3:12 PM
HEY I KNOW THAT THE IDENITY IS GSM I`M NOT THAT DUM. THANKS FOR THE INFO THOW BUT I WANT TO NO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SWIVEL KYOCERA PHONE PEACE AND I NO THE DIFFER FROM GSM AND CDMA
mmdstech2

Feb 7, 2004, 7:46 PM
I doubt you the difference between GSM and CDMA. You can't even spell. lol 😳
dtownsound8

Feb 8, 2004, 2:07 PM
mmdstech2 said:
I doubt you the difference between GSM and CDMA. You can't even spell. lol 😳

that didn't make any sense

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.