Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Which is better Sanyo or Samsung?

poohgirl

Feb 3, 2004, 2:56 PM
I have a Sanyo 5300 & the Samsung A500. Which is the better phone? Anyone have problems with either of them?
MANIAC

Feb 4, 2004, 7:36 AM
As far as Sprint handsets go Sanyo build the better "phone"... that is to say it makes calls where others fail to. I can go to our local Radio Shack and have them turn on one of every phone they sell for Sprint... In their building only the Sanyo phone shows full signal... all other a third or half that!... If bells and whistles are your thing I have no input. Call quality comes first for us in this rural service market.
muchdrama

Feb 4, 2004, 6:35 PM
In my 2 yrs of selling and using Sprint phones, Sanyo comes out ahead of Samsung. Not only do the Sanyo phones seem better built, but they far outpace Samsung in regards to reception. Plus there's that satisfying "click" Sanyo's make when you open and close them. Samsung does seem to have better voice quality in my humble opinion.
brodfukker

Feb 5, 2004, 12:52 PM
I have carried 4 models from each brand & SANYO has always performed better, especially when it comes to reception = SANYO is KING!!!

The last Samsung I had was the A500. Here's my experience - great asthetics, great graphics/menus, great voice quality, BUT terrible reception - everywhere & it was very annoying. I get SUPERIOR SPCS service in my area but with the A500 I would have FULL signal strength during a low voice traffic time (you know not in the middle of rushhour) & someone would call me & it would go right to voicemail & then I would get the alert - and the same thing would happen when trying o dial out - would take me 3-5 attempts to make outbound calls very often. Needless to say I was very frustrated & switched back to SANY...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.