Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

new Unlocking law coming out? :)

Raheel

Feb 1, 2004, 1:52 PM
Some one was telling me in 2-3 months all phones from all providers will come fully unlocked due to gov't regulations or something, u know so people dont make monoplys and stuff, sort of like u dont pay $400 for a phone which is stuck on one network.. Kinda like the law they made your phone number universal. 🤣
moobak

Feb 1, 2004, 11:35 PM
Sigh, you posted this on Gerneral too. This is only detrimental to consumers, because it'll make providers basically STOP subsidizing phones becuase theres nothing stopping them from being used with other providers. It'll be disasterous.
jukebox2

Feb 2, 2004, 3:40 PM
If the customer has to pay full price for the phone, why should they sign a contract for a long term. So if you are unhappy with a Carrier I guess you could just switch without having to by a new phone, I guess its paying a premium for the ability to go where you want to.
callgirl

Feb 2, 2004, 6:24 PM
LUDICOUS!!!!each network provider has they're own frequency, megahertz, etc, gsm, tdma, , whatever... the only way this will happen is if all the manufacturers give them the same guts! 😈
cellhound

Feb 3, 2004, 10:50 AM
this is generally focused @ GSM carriers .because the phone are pretty simple to unlock if you have low friends in high places.but again consider all subsidies out the door or long term contract and high ETFs in their place.. also what about support for web services ,MMODE,HOT SPOTS etc, i think it should be up to the manufacturer to support these options. 😲

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.