Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

TMobile Buyout

coowguy

Jan 6, 2004, 7:31 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have just started joining in on these forums and I have seen multiple times stuff about TMobile merging with someone else...
Got news for ya...Ain't gonna happen.
Wanna know why? Deutcha Telecom (DT) has put a lot of time and money into making Tmobile a major player in the cell service market and unless they get a ton back for their investment then you can "fuggetaboutit." Since October of '02 to January of '04 we (yes I do work Tmobile) have jumped from 6 to over 13 million customers! Can you name me another carrier that has doubled it's consumer base? Didn't think so. With WLNP we have so far (percentage wise) gotten the most customers. Verizon got the most amount of customers in total but we got the most b...
(continues)
baybegyrl

Jan 6, 2004, 10:30 PM
i work for verizon and we gained 1.4 billion in 3 months and are technology is the bomb, and that whole saying is you get what you pay for... and that is good service with verizon
coowguy

Jan 7, 2004, 4:50 PM
baybegyrl said:
i work for verizon and we gained 1.4 billion in 3 months and are technology is the bomb, and that whole saying is you get what you pay for... and that is good service with verizon

1.4 Billion? Wow! Why don't you just say a hundred gazillion bajillion! There are only 6-7 billion people in the world genius and I can guarantee you that not one in four people across the world have Verizon.
annetagonist

Jan 7, 2004, 5:30 PM
According to RCR Wireless news, Verizon is only #7 in the world. The top 6 are Chinese, Japanese and European companies. Singular is # 7, ATT wireless is # 8. T-Mobile Duetschland is # 4. T-mobile USA, Nextel and Sprint arent even in the top 20.
Worf

Jan 8, 2004, 10:21 AM
Well that would makes sense, considering that PCS, and Nextel's iDen aren't used in other parts of the world. Asia uses CDMA, and Europe uses nothing but GSM.
McG

Jan 7, 2004, 1:02 AM
Listen coowguy you might want to post some sites backing up what your spitting out or your in for ages of yelling here. Not from me but verizon reps will come running, AWS reps too. Cingular and Sprint reps dont give a rats ass 😁
Skins56

Jan 7, 2004, 11:33 AM
I agree, you need to have some facts to back your claims. Tmobile is far from taking anyone over. Oh and you now have 13 million customers well how about 36 million you have 1/3 as many customers. Come back when you have something to talk about.
TMOPro

Jan 12, 2004, 8:50 PM
When DT bought VoiceStream, we were a liability because we cost them so much. But right now, we've been pulling in a lot of profit, which is helping pay DT's debt. DT would be insane to sell T-Mobile USA now, or any time in the future.
Finine

Jan 9, 2004, 3:30 PM
coowguy said:
With WLNP we have so far (percentage wise) gotten the most customers.

Since nobody has released 4th quarter results, aside from Sprint's pre-announcement, how can you possibly claim to know this?
coowguy

Jan 14, 2004, 12:03 AM
I work for Tmobile. My Superiors may be blowing smoke up my rear but why would they tell me that overall Verizon has gotten the most customers overall but that Tmobile has gotten the highest percentage increase in customers because of WLNP.
ATandT

Jan 14, 2004, 3:25 AM
Since no official numbers have been released then they could just be telling you what they've heard.
coowguy

Jan 14, 2004, 11:52 PM
Like I wrote before, my superiors could be blowing smoke up my rear.
Skins56

Jan 14, 2004, 8:52 AM
Because by percentage you probably did because you have so fewer customers than VZW. If you increase your customer base by 2 million that is an increase of 15% where as if VZW has an increase of 3 million that is only 8%. So it is possible for the percentage to be higher for Tmobile, but for VZW to have added more customers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.