Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

Back to message list

Top message:  The Top Carrier!! by IIXxRaVeNxXII   Dec 7, 2003, 11:11 AM

Replying to:  Re: The Top Carrier!! by AL09   Dec 31, 2003, 8:58 PM

Re: The Top Carrier!!

by TheBoots    Jan 1, 2004, 3:41 PM

reply to AL09's message. Much appreciated although I'd add the following:
1) You are comparing Apple's and oranges.
2) Verizon has widest network so it appears that their call coverage etc is good BUT they have NO GSM phones; hence the choices of phones with advanced functionality is absent. No bluetooth phones for example.
3) Soon, when the other networks roll out of GSM comes to completion (ATT GSM used to be bad but it is cuz they are in process of rolling out them towers etc), and with number portability a low cost option, Verizon will see increasing churns.
4) Drive across 48 states just to prove which network is best? Interesting proposition although I figured that by the time I am finished, some carriers would have added a lot more towers and the coverage/quality landscape would have changed altogether again.

To me, I believe the carriers are in general very competitive and they will catch up with one another soon enough so the key thing I look for is the phone. It is all in the phone man. Like roads...they are essentially all the sane but the choice of car makes the entire driving experience different. same for computers ... nuff said.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.