Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Alltel Buyout???

VeRiZoN01

Jan 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
Okay so today at work I read on another web site that Alltel might be coming up for sale and the the 2 buyers would either be Sprint, or Verizon... Can anyone give any info about this???
RoyalBlu

Jan 6, 2007, 8:25 AM
(i know i'll get yelled at for this) but it would be interesting if t-mob (or cingular) bought alltel and offer both cdma and gsm options
Hombre07

Jan 6, 2007, 10:22 AM
Cingular buying Alltel is not realistic, there is a reason Cingular did not go to CDMA signal, it would be a step backwords for us. With UMTS we will be usig a form of CDMA but nothing like the crap they use.
Charlieamerk

Jan 6, 2007, 9:38 PM
It is truly amazing just how you orange mafia guys "drink the Koolaide"...

The only thing you guys have on Sprint is better devices... After that, its a bunch of bull---- propaganda. (in the same proportions as all those .com's that are no longer with us)
cyberbullet

Jan 10, 2007, 3:44 AM
VZW and Alltel roaming agreement ends 4th quarter 2007. It is very likely due to their licenses across the midwest that VZW will snag them up very quick. And sorry but if you think the only difference between VZW and sprint is propoganda and a few handsets your pretty far off. But Im pretty interested to see what they do with Wimax.
Aurion

Jan 10, 2007, 3:09 PM
I've also heard that VZW is first in line to buy Alltel and in my opinion they will jump on it very quickly. Not that Verizon really needs to expand their network anywhere, but this will help them some. And I work for Cingular now after coming over from VZW and I still use VZW. I'll never switch. CDMA is not the "junk" that so many of you seem to think. In reality it comes down to the area, and around here VZW is the best. GSM sounds like crap and drops calls EVERYWHERE. I work with a lady who has Cingular, and everytime she gets on her phone I hear her complaining about crackling or the call dropping or something. Lets face it, every carrier has their weak service areas so saying that GSM is better than CDMA or vice versa is a very ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.