Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Sanyo Leaving Cellular?!?!?!

Jorin

Jan 2, 2007, 9:39 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ Say it ain't so people! I saw this in some guys phone review, he didn't sound all that bright based on his review so I'm sure its a lie, but has anyone else heard that Sanyo is going to stop making cell phones?
macuser09

Jan 2, 2007, 10:58 AM
The phone division may end up being sold off unless they can turn the company around and be profitable. I have had several sanyo phones and they are the worst phones I have ever had. The 8200 was the worst went through 15 of them and never found one that would place or receive calls on the sprint network or digital roam. Analog worked though. My current 3100 is also a pos as the earpiece is crap and when roaming I don't get calls. It keeps switching between 800 and 1900 when roaming. Keep in mind I'm roaming on US Cellular which doesn't use 1900, so why is the phone doing this? It also take 5 min. for it to acquire a signal upon starting the phone or going into roaming. I'm just fed up with Sanyo I have given them two different model...
(continues)
wombough

Jan 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
I think your exaggerating. I have never ever had a p[problem with sanyo in 5 yrs. Yes its possible to get a defective one as it is hardware but that is very rare. They have been proven to have the best RF radio's in them!
vzwceller

Jan 2, 2007, 5:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not real sure what that first guy was talkin about. Not only is he exaggerating, but he barely answered the question. Yes, from everything I've heard Sanyo is discontinuing cell production. Also, Sanyo's are great phones. I sold Sprint for two years and saw maybe a handful of Sanyos with problems, whereas I had about 5 or 6 Samsungs a week that just went haywire. My 7300 worked like brand new till I got it wet ๐Ÿ˜ข but now I have a 6600 and it's a better alternative to the razr in my opinion (although not quite as fancy). Why they are being discontinued, I have no real idea. Sprint is going to have to find someone to step it up to take Sanyo's place. I have talked to many people that refused to have another Sprint phone that was...
(continues)
wombough

Jan 2, 2007, 7:21 PM
I don't think they are discontinuing . They are trying to sell off their wireless division. However they have not made any plans of yet to stop making phones. As you say the M1 come out and they have a 6700 planning to be released (Katana on steriods from what I read).
Jorin

Jan 3, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well thanks for the input guys, I work for Sprint as well and haven't heard anything like this, I guess I'll just keep askin around. We have a Sanyo rep that visits every once in a while but sometimes he won't comment on these kinds of things.
But yeah, not sure what that first guy was talkin about. You can pretty much ask any Sprint rep and they'll tell you Sanyos are the best. I'm a die hard Sanyo fan, even though I have a Treo 700p right now. Some people just never understand that MAYBE ITS YOUR AREA! Or maybe its cause he or she's a MAC USER. ๐Ÿ‘€
vzwceller

Jan 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
if youre not doing hardcore music recording or video editing... im still not sure why youd even own a mac? to be different? ๐Ÿคฃ
southparkfreak

Jan 4, 2007, 8:11 PM
NO FREAKING WAY SANYO IS LEAVING CELLULAR.. I HAVE A PCS 8400 ITS AWSOME.. THIS IS THE ONLY PHONE SANYO WILL EVER MAKE.. ๐Ÿคจ
emouth1

Jan 3, 2007, 1:01 PM
Sanyo is BY FAR the best phone manufacturer, across carriers. The only one that comes close is Nokia.

Having carried and sold the 8200, it's a good phone. Not the best Sanyo, but still better than the majority. It is fairly sensitive to moisture (the buttons stop working) but don't get your phone wet!

If your phone is swapping back and forth between roaming and Sprint service it's probably the coverage in your area.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.