Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 34 replies

About Verizon....

chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 11:29 AM
Why does Verizon's Customer Care tell ya different things than the actual Corporate stores? Shouldn't they be in agreement?
Sales

Dec 4, 2006, 2:42 PM
You have to remember that yes they should all be on agreement but just as in any other business sometimes the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing...
frankiewawa

Dec 4, 2006, 3:45 PM
yeah you gotta think... customer service and corp stores are filled with thousands upon thousands of diff people...
chocolateman85006

Dec 4, 2006, 5:21 PM
I've lost money because of this. They really need to work on that.
yesVZW

Dec 4, 2006, 7:29 PM
Your right, they just need to get about 3000 call center employees to meet with about 3000 retail employees and have one big hug!
lavrnius maximus

Dec 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
The company is one big f-up no ones on the same page. It's ridiculous i had to quit cuz it was driving me insane trying to keep up and make everyone happy. What it realley does is upset the customers. thats all.
chocolateman85006

Dec 5, 2006, 11:40 AM
611 tells ya to go to the store for this and that and the store looks at ya like "WTF?!" and treats ya like crap. I wonder if Sprint is any better?
frankiewawa

Dec 5, 2006, 12:27 PM
sprint is not better trust me, from personal experience. stick with verizon. what exactly was your problem that you called 611 for?
chocolateman85006

Dec 15, 2006, 4:29 PM
It's rather long to type, but I gave the Q that I had, back in October, to a coworker for his Treo 650 and the lady didn't tell me that it's Oow. When I had probs w/ the phone, the sup was like "Too bad, so sad. Pay outright for a phone" (not the exact words, but the emphasis was there). But now, Verizon is cool, because after 3 bad Q's in a 5 day period, they gave me a 700w at no additional cost. Cool, huh?
pepsijunky

Dec 11, 2006, 1:18 AM
Sprint CS is much worse. I love Verizon's customer service, but you always gotta play the game, be nice to them and they will be nice to you.
chocolateman85006

Dec 29, 2006, 8:18 PM
Not always true; it's 50-50. Strep reps are worse: if you're not buying anything, then they treat ya like ---- most of the time (except for a few).
chocolateman85006

Apr 7, 2007, 5:41 PM
That's true. That's why I didn't stay with Sprint Very long.
DvMthwsBnd

Jan 9, 2007, 7:21 PM
You probably didn’t quit, your As* was probably fired because you couldn’t sell worth shi*! Any company that large is going to have trouble with communicating perfectly with every one of its employees. Also certain policies or methods differ in each channel, which is why you may sometimes be given different information. However, I am sure they are working on developing better ways of communicating through all channels, to create an overall better customer experience.
Americanstud1987

Apr 8, 2007, 7:47 PM
The reason they are different is stores do not have the basic common sense on their phones or plans. They contact Tech support and other departments instead of learning the information themselves. If the store employees actually researched the terms, plans and phones they would be a hell of a lot smarter and can sync with Customer Care
hallster00

Dec 9, 2006, 12:04 PM
half the people who work in those places are just there for a paycheck and really need little to no phone experience in order to get the job. They are all about turn around. Most want to get you off the phone as quick as possible and really do not care if they help or not because when you call back you will get some one else anyway, probably in a different state.
Leandra48

Dec 14, 2006, 11:51 PM
Sales will tell you only a solution if they can profit from it, hence commissions. They don`t want to learn or know that there are other ways to do things, which will be cheaper for the customer or easier for the customer.

I can tell you many many storys. They live off commissions, any question you have that does not make money, they brush off.

Call customer serivce and ask questions, not Sales.
emouth1

Dec 18, 2006, 2:44 PM
It is easy to be critical of customer service as a customer, and it's not good in most industries, not just wireless.

Sales in a wireless store is an extremely high stress job. If you have not bought something already or are not going to purchase something, then it is honestly not part of our jobs to just provide information on the intricacies of the business. That is what customer service exists for. Keep in mind these things about how reps experience customers:

1)Cust always want something for free.
2)Cust always want something for free.
3)Cust in general ARE NOT loyal to the reps that initially assist them. There are exceptions.
4)Cust always want something cheaper or for free.
5)Cust are rarely satisfied when they do receive...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Dec 18, 2006, 7:26 PM
Since my last post, Verizon has earned my trust again? Wanna know how? Just ask!
critterdmac

Dec 19, 2006, 1:55 PM
Verizon Wireless Sales Reps are driven by commissions...they will tell you what they think you want to hear, as long as they can get away with it, for a sale...it's simply the nature of any business. That, in turn, leaves customer service to rectify what Sales f'd up.

So naturally, customer service becomes the scapegoat for poor service opinions at the Sales level. However, customer service has a double standard as well, usually put on them by company agenda's. For example, if you call a VZW customer service agent...they are not only supposed to cover the issue that you called about but also any potential reasons you might find a need to call back for the next 3 days. Additionally, the phone call needs to last no longer than about 6 m...
(continues)
vzwceller

Dec 19, 2006, 6:08 PM
critterdmac said:
Verizon Wireless Sales Reps are driven by commissions...they will tell you what they think you want to hear, as long as they can get away with it, for a sale...it's simply the nature of any business. That, in turn, leaves customer service to rectify what Sales f'd up.

Hmmm.... I don't agree with this. This is a shotgun statement to say that sales reps are some kind of cuthroats that are willing to pass the buck off onto the hardworking people in the customer service department and screwing the customer for money..... First off, I believe Verizon has the best reps of any of the cell phone companies (I've sold 4 other carriers).
Secondly, 9 times out of 10 I can get an issue resolved when...
(continues)
Shootingstar12

Jan 8, 2007, 7:58 PM
oh trust me, they yell at customer service. haha

customers view store reps, customer service everyone as Verizon as a whole and if 1 person drops the ball, then we have all dropped the ball. i would say you would not believe the things i've heard, but i'm sure you would believe it haha
emouth1

Dec 20, 2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah. I think your jumping the gun a bit in your characterization of sales.

As in any situation where PEOPLE are involved, there will be those honest and dishonest, and this applies to customer service reps as well as salespeople. And if you hadn't figured it out, Copernicus, CS doesn't like Sales, and Sales doesn't like CS. (I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "But they just said 'Go into the store'" from a customer)
chocolateman85006

Dec 20, 2006, 4:55 PM
That statement is true, especially for Cingular. I know, cause I work for them.
chocolateman85006

Dec 20, 2006, 4:57 PM
However, If you're not at Verizon to buy an accesory, phone or whatever, they kinda give ya attitude.
ABLINDKID

Apr 6, 2007, 8:35 PM
some stores i worked in i agree but most stores they dont give you an attitude,unless you come in 5 min before a store closes, and wanting to buy a phone, i would get pissed because really who goes into a store 5 min before they close and expect to get a phone, it takes at least 30 to 45 min to pick the phone and get it processed
Jorin

Jan 2, 2007, 9:52 AM
Didn't have time to go and read everyone else's answers... but the fact is, regardless of what company you're dealing with, in the end when you call customer care you're going to be dealing with people. And lets face it there are a lot of stupid people out there.
For a dishonest person the great thing about a call center is that there's no accountability. He tells you to walk into the store take 5 free Treos, hangs up with you, and he never has to hear from you again. PROBLEM SOLVED! Angry customer hangs up happy!
chocolateman85006

Jan 2, 2007, 1:00 PM
Amen, brotha!
Shootingstar12

Jan 8, 2007, 8:04 PM
Jorin said:
For a dishonest person the great thing about a call center is that there's no accountability. He tells you to walk into the store take 5 free Treos, hangs up with you, and he never has to hear from you again. PROBLEM SOLVED! Angry customer hangs up happy!

Actually theres a ton of accountability. Any time a customer service rep access' an account you can find out, even if they didnt remark it. If someone offers 5 free phones and theres no justification, sorry, no go, then its time to reach out to the rep and the sup and get that coached asap.
chocolateman85006

Jan 10, 2007, 9:03 PM
Nor fired?
southtexrep

Jan 4, 2007, 9:29 PM
...is the solution. Educate yourself with the carrier's policies through places like here, hofo, and the carrier's website. Use self serve options whenever possible. The services carriers provide are not that bad. The flow of information is. Until A.I. becomes much much better, human error will seep into ALL carriers. Every single carrier/company/service will suck for somebody because it's also human nature to complain and not take responsibilities for their actions. In summary, CAVEAT EMPTOR.
sparxx92562

Jan 8, 2007, 9:43 PM
🤣
sparxx92562

Jan 8, 2007, 9:40 PM
Jus mis communication playa!! dont take it too heart.
open_your_mind_ent

Apr 21, 2007, 9:21 PM
I've not had that problem once. I have been with them for awhile and have had NO problems. I do customer service for sprint and honestly the Verizon customer service is the best!
ABLINDKID

Apr 23, 2007, 9:46 PM
recent studies i have found out from our verizon competition news is that T-mobile is acually ranked #1 in customer service while verizon is second....i dunno if i really believe the studies, but hey you never know
Rich Brome

Apr 28, 2007, 4:09 PM
This really belongs in the Verizon forum. Feel free to resume this discussion by starting a thread in that forum.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.