Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Is this true... ??

indecisive1

Nov 29, 2006, 11:23 AM
I've heard several people tell me that Sprints' customer service is completly outsourced. Please tell me this isn't true.
krickt

Nov 29, 2006, 2:24 PM
Put this in shop talk, there are several sprint cs reps that go in there.
VeRiZoN01

Dec 1, 2006, 1:47 AM
yes, I think that they are... not completly though. me beinging a former sprint customer every so often I would get someone from india. wait... what am I talking about every freaking time I called my call was sent to someone in india
krickt

Dec 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
Don't call Motorola warranty repair! They send you to Bangledesh! or somewhere similar. I love it when they answer the phone, Thank you for calling Motorola, my name is Fred, how may I help you. I don't think they are going to be much help, when their first sentence was a lie! We all know his name is not now, nor has ever been Fred!
smartlilmouse

Dec 5, 2006, 12:42 AM
Yes we're mostly oursourced. Not completely, but mostly. And, yes we have centers in the Phillipines as well as India and no his name was not Fred. They get fake American names for some reason. I'm not sure if they think they're fooling anybody.................. 🙄
hallster00

Dec 10, 2006, 3:37 PM
I don't know about anyone else but i would sooner just go in to a local store than call these people. The whole fake name thing i insulting, half the time you can't understand them and when you can they seem to not be able to understand you. And, if you just go in to the store, even though it is an extra trip, you can almost bank on being abkle to be helped and if they can't, just have the rep call cust. service for you.
krickt

Dec 16, 2006, 9:20 PM
I am a rep, we have to call Motorola Repair directly on behalf of customers all the time. Thank God that we don't sell that stupid 265/266, if I had to send another of those in to repair, I was going to scream! Since they have been getting rid of the old charging port, we have had almost no problems with Moto phones. My faith is almost restored.
emouth1

Dec 18, 2006, 1:41 PM
el oh el... Keep in mind that Sprint Stores, like any retail outlet, are for sales. If you can get a rep to call Cust Care on your behalf, he/she is an extremely nice person doing something they are not required to do.
J0hnnyM

Dec 16, 2006, 8:51 AM
The funny thing is...

You CAN have people from India answering a call in the US.

That is NOT outsourcing.

But what does it matter? At least they'll be able to read the computer and follow simple instructions. Most of those Indian people have BS's in English. I give them their credit.
trucksmoveamerica

Dec 17, 2006, 10:54 AM
what does it matter??

It matters a lot. Sprint is relying on USA customers to bring in the income, but, they outsourse the call center out of country. If you dont see anything wrong with that picture, then you wont unnderstand.

We keep sending all our manufacturing jobs over seas, now call centers on top of that. Lets keep going, what will be next. For those young ones that do not understand what is going on here, I will tell you. Basically just tell youselves that china now owns the united states. They did it the smart way, not thru war, but thru money. They bought us. It has not happened yet, but the ball is rolling and I do not see it stopping. The majority of our goods are produced over there, all they have to do is stop s...
(continues)
emouth1

Dec 18, 2006, 1:43 PM
In my experience, most of these 'outsourced' call reps are more proficient in their job performance than most of the stateside reps, who generally don't care at all.
NeXTeLi880

Dec 4, 2006, 11:32 PM
yes and no. Sprint has more Reps that are outscourced, but the nextel side is usa. I am part of the nextel side, and every nextel dept. i call speaks great english, but sprint on the otherhand......most of the time no.. lol.
jmac32here

Dec 5, 2006, 12:11 AM
*nods* yes there are quite a few outsourced, luckily third party retailer lines tend to hit the call centers in the US.

I hate it when I do hit foreign...some of them don't know whats up. But I have noticed an increase in US call centers..based on my calls. (Both at work and on the cusomer's phones)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.