Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 33 replies

Verizon are thieves !!

mibny

Nov 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
Check your bills ... verizon lets you try out their games for a fee and even though you cancel the subscription, months later you are still being charged for them.

I was being charged for months games that i tried out for just ten minutes and deleted them months later.

And the biggest kicker is even though you call them to complain they tell you to go to one of their stores to verify you are not a liar and the games are really off your phone !!!
rwilliams

Nov 15, 2006, 10:10 AM
Ok. First off, deleting a game doesn't cancel the subscription. Also, how is customer service supposed to know if you truly deleted it or were just trying to get out of paying for it? They can't see the phone. There isn't a way to track whether a game is or isn't on the phone unless you go to the store.
mibny

Nov 15, 2006, 10:17 AM
Ok..first off when you deleting a game you are cancelling a subsciption !! You go thru 2 checks in which they ask you if you are sure you want to cancel your subscription !!

Thats something that should be on their system when a client does not wish to continue the subsciption and goes thru the procedures of cancelling the game.

The phone asks " are you sure you want to cancel ? " and they still con you !
phonemechanic

Nov 15, 2006, 10:35 AM
dude. just go to a store and get the credit. no big deal 🤣
mibny

Nov 15, 2006, 12:32 PM
phonemechanic said:
dude. just go to a store and get the credit. no big deal 🤣

😈

Did i have to go to the verizon store to get the games ??

Why should i have to go to show them that their customers are not lying and truly had their games deleted from their cell ?
mibny

Nov 15, 2006, 5:18 PM
Can you imagine that verizonwireless reps told me this site has no realistic view to what consumers really think about their cell service ? !!!!

😈
phonemechanic

Nov 15, 2006, 5:31 PM
🤨 I think we need to know a bit more about the conversation that took place here....
mibny

Nov 15, 2006, 6:07 PM
phonemechanic said:
🤨 I think we need to know a bit more about the conversation that took place here....

😈

One thing I do know. These pinheads know exactly when you downloaded the games...I mean down to the exact minute!!! But don't know squat about you cancelling the applications !
phonemechanic

Nov 15, 2006, 6:18 PM
No. I mean how did phonescoop get involved in the coversation?
FoenixFire

Nov 18, 2006, 9:16 PM
dude...stop using exclamation points
lavrnius maximus

Dec 4, 2006, 10:09 PM
They know when you deleted the game I used to work in customer care and we can track to the second when the game is deleted. There giving you the run around the only time we sent people to the store is when there getting billed and the "system" showed the game deleted or not present at all. Very rare if you delted the game they can see it and you unsubrsibed so should not be getting charged. Do me a favor if you go into a store spit in the sales rep face for me. peace
Wendy024

Dec 10, 2006, 2:12 AM
Wow, I guess it is good you don't work for Verizon any longer.
yodude

Dec 11, 2006, 12:55 AM
WE actually can't see when you deleted the game. I don't know about the direct stores and indirect, since they use different systems, but it's just like trying to pull up unbilled usage. Our systems aren't that special. So don't whine about us telling you that since we can't see if the game was deleted or not. In this business, its hard to trust anybody, cause shockingly, this world isn't very truthful.
mallbound

Dec 28, 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm going to agree with yodude. For cst care to actually be able to see what exactly is on your phone is a huge intrusion of privacy. No carrier would subject themselves to the kind of problems that would create. Plus people lie all the time to try to get something for free. My guess is that you just deleted it instead of canceling the subscription. Simple mistake to make, but why did it take you so long to figure out the billing error?
jjnbbills

Jan 13, 2007, 11:05 PM
ok i do work for vzw and i can tell you that 99% of customers dont know what they are doing when it comes to dl's .... trust me i talk to them all day. I'm not saying they are stupid they just don't know. if you don't know what your doing ..... stop ... get on a land line and call cust care for help ... we are here 7 days a week until 11pm. thank you for reading this and have a nice day 🙄
SquiggNick

Mar 11, 2007, 2:20 AM
I second this, I also work for VZW. And in all actuality, if there is a subscription on your phone, we can see it. Which means, you might have stopped the subscription and then loaded the game up again. Shouldnt blame others for your own mistakes.
Cymballistix86

Mar 11, 2007, 2:36 PM
Ok, Sir. You are an idiot. You get a free trial for Vcast, you can tell them you don't want the downloads on your phone, and who in the hell is going to know how stupid you're going to be with YOUR phone. We have disclaimer for customer stupidity. Sure, it doesn't say that, but it really should. You know, for people kinda like you. And I'm sure that any rep who has dealt with a moron like you, has had more than just a passing thought to spit in YOUR face for being a jackass. Go back to a landline, until you are able to understand more advanced technology and how it REALLY works.
LilHobbit

Dec 1, 2006, 6:24 PM
The fact that you are so incredibly adament about not going to the store tells me that you never really deleted the game or canceled the subscription. Therefore, going to the store would mean they would find out that you're trying to get the game for free.

If not, and if you want the credit that badly just take the 10 minutes, drop by the store and get the credit.
HuMaNfLaW

Dec 4, 2006, 10:10 AM
are you that big of a fool? It does say when the subscription is cancelled and my guess is you forgot to. this means on our end it says active subscription and your telling us its cancelled.
now assuming that you really did cancel it and because we only offer the games and the company that creates each game gets the bulk profit we can't just say ok while you keep that game for free now.
and of course a care rep would say that about phonescoop because people mention things that were done for them under special circumstances and then everyone wants it.
also 90% of the forums are filled with unvarified info to us so we can't say either way, we can only speculate like you.
lastly this type of post does not belong in rumor mill.
jrfdsf

Jan 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
Yes it's all true! Verizon are thieves, Cingular is working for the mafia, T-Mobile has a deal with Bin Laden and Sprint has a contract with the Devil himself!

I'm planning on posting a thread linking ALL FOUR carriers to the Kennedy assassination and 911. I also have proof positive that Richard Nixon trained the pilots who crashed the twin towers, seven years before his death in 1994. Michael Moore is helping me with my post, along with all the good web blog conspiracy theory nuts on the web. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
southparkfreak

Jan 4, 2007, 8:08 PM
lol: 🤣 🤣 🤣 THIS IS THE FUNNIEST CRAP I HEARD ALL DAY... HIGH FIVE BRO
Shootingstar12

Jan 8, 2007, 8:17 PM
as said previously, customer service CANNOT see when you cancel a subscription.

the games you download are not created by Verizon Wireless. Any apps you download are from a 3rd party and if Verizon went and credited every download someone asked to be credited, the company would loose a heck of a lot of money.

understandably its frustrating to be sent to a store, but seriously man, if you want the credit, just drop by a store and have the rep verify so you can get the credit.
ATT Wireless

Nov 18, 2006, 9:22 PM
This is an interesting rumor that you have posted in the Rumor Mill.
vzwceller

Dec 29, 2006, 10:42 AM
I think this guy is just full of crap, he didnt cancel subscription. Also guy, do Verizon a favor and just cancel your service. Go to Sprint.... they are probably more willing to put up with your crybaby attitude.
SprintFTW

Jan 3, 2007, 12:12 PM
There's also the possibility this guy something to one of those scams on TV... i.e. text joke to xxx
Shootingstar12

Jan 8, 2007, 8:20 PM
I HATE those premium text services, HATE HATE HATE! haha
sparxx92562

Jan 8, 2007, 9:37 PM
A little mess up they do have over 40 million customers to tend too. 😉
completewireless

Jan 13, 2007, 5:00 PM
haha reminds me of that one time they trained all their reps that data costs .002 cent a KB rather than .002 dollars a KB
ducker007

Mar 11, 2007, 3:39 AM
mibny said:
I was being charged for months games that i tried out for just ten minutes and deleted them months later.

If you didn't delete it until months later then of course you've been charged.
jungle queen

Mar 11, 2007, 3:11 PM
stop cryin big fella jungle queen is here now
Sprint_Spike

Mar 11, 2007, 5:20 PM
i know this is an old thread but this is the first i have seen it so i hope i can help.

I was previously a VZW customer, and i liked games on the fon to help pass the time at my job.

Well when i started my new job i gave my VZW fon to my parents, i was unsure of how to remove the subscriptions so i spoke with a care rep and removed all recurring charges.

About 6 mo - 1yr later i get a call from my parents saying the bill was high...

I figured they accidently bumped something on the fon and charged something, which i would have explained and had them pay.

However while reviewing the bill i realized that it was for a game, so i started grilling them about the shopping cart, they had no knowledge of what i was talking about.

(continues)
Boxxer81

Mar 16, 2007, 8:58 PM
I have never understood why people who write VERY LONG submissions with lots of metaphors and similes use pointless abbreviation's such as fon and sup. You're obviously not trying to save time or you wouldn't have told us about your cat dryer escapades.
Argonnj

Mar 12, 2007, 10:59 AM
They are by far the most greedy of all the US carriers. I wouldn't give them a penny of my hard earned cash.
yodude

Mar 16, 2007, 10:58 PM
Dude, Verizon isn't greedy. They charge more because they actually put time and money into their service than anyone else. Do you think Cricket gives a flying rats ass if you call to complain about your service? It's Cricket!! And what about T-Mobile? Can you get service other than major cities? Nope. Are they going to say "Oh, I'm sorry that your service sucks. We should start putting more money into ther cell tower by your house so we can make you happy." Highly doubt it. And Sprint, you might as well be talking to a wall with an automated response system in it for all their customer service does. Do you think anyone would really say, oh I work for Verizon. This customer looks like they could afford a higher bill, let me push the screw cus...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.