Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

New Samsung A900M/P?

bostonbali

Jul 7, 2006, 2:29 PM
I went to my local Sprint retail store last week to purchase a new Samsung A900 (I currently have an old Samsung SPH680 that is just dying to be replaced...)

The guy at the store told me that the new version of the A900, the A900M (or is it P?) is coming out in a month (August).
Searching this forum, I couldn't find any info on this new phone.

Does anyone have any additional info, such as features or tentative launch date?
Thanks!
Aciidsneaker

Jul 11, 2006, 5:04 PM
As for the update of the Samsun a-900 I think you were given some wrong information. I think the person was thinking of the Samsung a-990 which is a Verison Phone only.
phidelt099

Jul 13, 2006, 8:04 PM
I'm a Sprint/Nextel retailer and I spoke with our Samsung rep about this. She stated that there IS a new version of the A900 scheduled to be released in Aug or Sept. There is no difference in this new one from the old A900 except that you can purchase themes for it like the sanyo 7500 can...thats it. Other than that, nothing to get excited about.
Aciidsneaker

Jul 13, 2006, 8:10 PM
Alright thanks for the update, Phidelt099 So it will be able to have theme's like the Fusic, and Samsung a920. So the phone is just getting theme's nothing else really, which store do you retail for? 😕
phidelt099

Jul 13, 2006, 8:20 PM
NRS 431 in Lee's Summit, MO
MeAtWork

Jul 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
ive heard there will be a TF (trans flash) slot on the newer model, possibly a diff charging port, and some fixes to the batt life and lag on the display. im not saying its fact, but in my opinion, it would be stupid to discontinue the original a900 just so you can come out with another model that will have a peice of plastic you can change on it.
thelast60

Jul 19, 2006, 9:51 PM
The 900M is a strong fact within the sprint walls. Like said before, the phone will offer much improvements to already awesome a900. Sprint is moving phones faster than ever, and the 900, will be close to being outdated anyways.The end of the year, will be the best time of the year for phones.
grreeknick

Jul 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
Nevertheless, my Samsung rep told me just yesterday that there will be NO modifications to the phone other than the themes.

Like it or not, that's what Samsung is doing.
MeAtWork

Jul 20, 2006, 9:49 PM
man i hope not, i was thinking of plastic peices, after re reading the post, i realize themese, DUH, blah, seems stupid to revamp a phone for only that. other forums have talked to samsung reps and sprint reps saying there would be a TF slot, so i dont know. if all they do is add themes, thats stupid. theres legit probs with the handset that need to be addressed, i noticed that my a800 gets better reception than the a900, wierd, but true.
IHeartSprint

Aug 2, 2006, 12:20 PM
Your A800 is larger and is not a flip. Of course it will have better reception.
Big Poppa

Jul 20, 2006, 11:19 PM
I think your Samsung Rep is an idiot..

Why would Sprint release a new version of a phone to add "Theme" support?

Theme support is a software feature. The Samsung A900 I believe has FOTA ability. If Sprint wanted to add something to the software of the phone they would just release a software update. It's a lot more cheaper.

Like others have said, and I believe PCSIntel is the site that broke the news on it, but It is suppose to have a memory card slot on it some were and some other changes like someone mentioned earlier.
MeAtWork

Jul 21, 2006, 1:40 PM
im going to have to agree with big poppa, it seems stupid and a waiste of money to release with only a software update. hopefully something will turn up in the upcoming week. im pretty amazed how hush this whole thing has been kept. seems like i had much more info on the a800 and some other phones released a year ago alot sooner. i know some a900 users, hopefully they can swap out their a900 for the a900m if it has a lot of improvements.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.