Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 15 replies

New Samsung for Verizon

Buzz Saw

Jun 24, 2006, 4:23 PM
So my brother-in-law's brother, who i see very frequently, works for Verizon. He isnt just a store salesman though, he does something important, not sure what though. 😛. Anyway I was telling him how i wanted to get a new cell phone. I asked what i should get and he said wait till about august. He said they will be getting a new Samsung which is supposed to be very good. 3pnt summin megapixel camera and a display resolution better or as good as the Q. He said this is the only phone he as really been exicted for. Thought you guys might like to hear this. And sry if this is all old news.
nonilley

Jun 25, 2006, 8:10 PM
do you know the model #?
matrix2004

Jun 25, 2006, 10:11 PM
sounds like the Samsung A990.
Smartass1632

Jun 26, 2006, 8:43 AM
SCH-a990. It's on our rebate forms even though it's not available yet. I have a 970 currently, and I'm hoping that it's more just in it's pricing than the 970. Nice, but not worth the $$$.
guido1869

Jul 3, 2006, 1:13 PM
it's the 990 and i heard it will be 3.2 megapixels
AwpdsR

Jul 4, 2006, 9:09 AM
where can i find out more on this phone?
guido1869

Jul 5, 2006, 12:04 PM
if not on this site then i don't know, my vzw rep told me about it
OB1J3D1

Jul 3, 2006, 1:20 PM
"my brother-in-law's brother" - isn't that your brother in-law as well?
Ozbone

Jul 3, 2006, 3:06 PM
its the 990 - here's why:
I just bought new phones for wife and daughter. Both qualified for $50 mail-in rebate. In looking at the form, the list of phones which qualify for the rebate includes ..... the SCH-a990. The rebate/form says "offer valid 6/20 through 7/29". Sounds to me like we'll be seeing the 990 pretty soon.
kerwin7777

Jul 3, 2006, 8:53 PM
That is very true that the sam 990 is on the Verizon rebate. That is very nice.
motodude69

Jul 5, 2006, 4:21 PM
This standout handset steals the show with a 3.2-megapixel camera with flash and camcorder, and a unique 180-degree twist design that gives this new model a whole new look. Print images directly to a printer with PictBridge Technology or use the TV-Out option to view you pictures on a bigger screen. Add in VCAST Music and Video, Bluetooth Wireless Technology and microSD to round out this complete package. $50 Mail in Rebate Available

General Features

All Digital

1XEVDO

Automatic Answer

Bluetooth Enabled

Calendar

Caller ID - Picture

Camera

Camera - Flash

Camera Resolution - 3.2M Pixel

Clam Style Design

Display - Color

Display - Internal & External

Dual Stereo Speakers

GPS ena...
(continues)
ChetDanburry

Jul 5, 2006, 5:03 PM
Anyone know if the Samsung a915 will be coming out by the end of this summer as well? Contract is co ming up for renewal and would love to pick one of those up when I re-up.
Rich Brome

Jul 6, 2006, 6:09 PM
I thought the A915 was only for Brazil... did you see somewhere that Verizon might pick it up? 😕
gadgethead

Jul 6, 2006, 7:59 PM
I know that Phonearena has it listed as coming soon for verizon

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/carrier.php?availID= ... »
ChetDanburry

Jul 7, 2006, 9:33 AM
I had read about it on a few different sites/message boards. There was talk it might be out the same time the a990 was released.
Protege

Jul 7, 2006, 9:39 AM
Any scoop on this phone RICH?? lol

Better yet, do you have the phonescoop??

🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.