Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Is verizon planning on giving more minutes on $39.99 plan.

verizon_1.1

Apr 14, 2006, 10:02 PM
At a TMobile kiosk, the rep suggested that TMobile was upgrading their 39.99 plan with 1500 anytime minutes because they heard that verizon was upgrading their 39.99 plan from 450 anytime minutes to 1000 anytime minutes. Can someone confirm this????
Ask The Shack

Apr 14, 2006, 11:25 PM
LMAO!!!! Yeah right! That would require Verizon to stop bending customers over with no lube by crippling OUR phones.

T-Mobile has been offering alot of these promotional plans for quite some time, and I doubt Verizon will change. Why? Simple, they have "The network"

It would be nice, but it will NeeEEeeEEEeeEEver happen. Never!
iloveMOTOV300

Apr 19, 2006, 8:03 AM
have to agree with you!
wzone

May 2, 2006, 6:47 PM
It is very unlikely that there will be more minutes w/ the 39.99 plan.. With unlim n&w and in calling it's still a good deal.

Other carriers have to offer more minutes cause their service usually .. well.. sucks. 🤣
petlover1

May 2, 2006, 9:26 PM
I just got a phone call from verizon as well as a letter in the mail and it is true they are adding 50 min to the $39.99 plan so it will be 450 min for the same price, though they did initially say "You are getting it for being a verizon customer to show our thanks for using verizon" and the letter said only if I renew for 3 years would I get it! I suspect EVERYONE who purchases a 39.99plan will get 450 instead of 400 min.I seriously doubt they value me any more than any other customer!
strigel

May 3, 2006, 10:25 AM
That is current pricing and YOU DO NOT have to sign a 3 year agreement to get it. It sounds like you may be eligible for upgrade and if that is the case it is only a 2 year agreement
wzone

May 4, 2006, 7:20 PM
Don't go for the 3 year agreement.. Although I have seen many do that and just upgrade and go into a 2 year afterwards. 🙄 If you upgrade you can do a 1 or 2 yr.. I think the 34.99 plan will be gone soon. The lowest will be the 39.99. In a year or two, I think the 39.99 will be gone also! I've only seen them do away with the cheapest family share plans over the year.
Chapperal

Jul 16, 2006, 8:17 AM
I keep telling people, "Only sign 1 year contracts!!!!!!!!!". But do they listen, of cause not.
There is so much competition out there, why get stuck with a carrier that long, and then have to pay that "ETF"?
Yes you may save on the purchase of a phone, but if you have to sign your life away for a multi-year contract, then you shouldn't using a cell phone in the first place.
agenthibby

Apr 15, 2006, 12:26 AM
I doubt right now they will be doing this.

If VZW does it will probably be just anytime minutes and not include unlimited Night&Week probably no In-Network either.
dave73

Apr 18, 2006, 8:55 PM
agenthibby said:
I doubt right now they will be doing this.

If VZW does it will probably be just anytime minutes and not include unlimited Night&Week probably no In-Network either.

The closest I've seen with a 1000 anytime minute plan has been promotional local digital choice plans. At least in the Chicago market, when that would be advertised, it was 1000 anytime local minutes, unlimited IN Calling in the home area only, and unlimited night & weekend minutes in the local calling area. Also nationwide long distance, only good when in the local calling area. The way my mother rarely travels, she really should be on a local plan and not a nationwide plan. I have to be on nationwide (AC and mine is AC I)...
(continues)
vzwkid

May 3, 2006, 11:43 AM
T-mobiles $39.99 price plan (1500 minutes) does not include nights and weekends nor does it include any kind of in network / or unlimited in calling.

VZW has had their $39.99 - 450 ppl out for over a year now. 3 year contracts are not offered in store nor in customer service. They are offered through VZW continuity marketing department. It's not something that we offer people. CMO (Is what customer service calls marketing) only mails out offers. It's not something you can call and request. The benefit of going to a 3 year contract is bonus minutes. They used to offer 100 bonus minutes for taking a 3 year, now they only offer 50 bonus minutes. So you could get 450 + 50 bonus minutes each month for $39.99 if you received a letter. ...
(continues)
Darkinday

Jul 16, 2006, 1:32 AM
LOL! 😁 Customer care can give more than 50 we can go up to 100 for a year. and anything in between. heheh
Darkinday

Jul 16, 2006, 1:30 AM
verizon_1.1 said:
At a TMobile kiosk, the rep suggested that TMobile was upgrading their 39.99 plan with 1500 anytime minutes because they heard that verizon was upgrading their 39.99 plan from 450 anytime minutes to 1000 anytime minutes. Can someone confirm this????

Actually, yes I can. Verizon does have a 1000 minute pln for 39.99 for the midwest areas only, it is not nationwide, coverage is just like the local digital choice maps, coverage in a couple states, if you go outside .69 roaming, no long distance within the coverage area, no nights or weekends, no in calling, however you can add n/w additionally for ten bucks more a month. requires a new 2 year contract.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.