Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Leading independent research crap and Cingualr claims

phonehore

Mar 28, 2006, 1:42 PM
What is going on? 😳 Why is it day after day i watch the bogus crap in Cingular's commericals, reguarding dropped calls, and independent research, that no one else in world has seen. Does this leading company have a freaking name? Oh, i get it they are phantom's they only rear their heads in clouds covered in mistic skies 🙄 If its true, then why not name the researchers, why not make their findings public record? 😉 cuz, its i lie, just another lie, just like Verizon's all RED map. Cingular's and Veizon's solgan should read, "If you like politics, then you'll love our lies!" 🤣
nextel18

Mar 28, 2006, 2:32 PM
its telephia.

the thing which is interesting; jd powers differs from telephia..

(telephia has ties with bellsouth who owns cingular= fyi)
s0lrac

Mar 28, 2006, 3:50 PM
very interesting to know this... where would someone like me find this information??
nextel18

Mar 28, 2006, 4:04 PM
you would have to look at their websites.

http://telephia.com/ »
and
http://www.jdpower.com/index.asp »

if not that, just look on google or what not.. some of the information is either internal or you have to be a member or what not..
crxtreme89

Mar 30, 2006, 2:27 PM
nextel18 said:
you would have to look at their websites.

http://telephia.com/ »
and
http://www.jdpower.com/index.asp »

if not that, just look on google or what not.. some of the information is either internal or you have to be a member or what not..

Or what have you.....
nextel18

Mar 30, 2006, 2:34 PM
?
bulldude

Mar 29, 2006, 10:16 AM
What ties does Telephia have with bellsouth?
nextel18

Mar 29, 2006, 10:25 AM
2 of their managment people had or has ties with BellSouth.

they are; jack roberts, chairman.
tom Stahl, COO
bulldude

Mar 29, 2006, 10:58 AM
Looking over their mgmt team, you could also add Sid Gorham's relationship to AirTouch (now owned by Vodafone and expressed here as VZW). But wouldn't anyone with wireless telecom experience have to have worked with one of the carriers previously? I mean, how much of a guru could you have become without your connection to Sprint and Nextel? Does that mean that you could claim to be "indpendent," as Telephia claims to be, and yet still be a fanboy? Sorry, that looks like a dig, it's not. Don't mean to imply that you a fanboy.
nextel18

Mar 29, 2006, 11:18 AM
right, but we arent talking about sprint/nextel or verizon here, becuase we are talking about cingular. all i am saying is that there are red flags when it comes to this type of research/test drives when you have ties with a carrier. more imporantly, is that no other company like telephia says the same thing. in fact, JDPowers whose report was a little bit differnt, didnt share the same views that telephia did.
bulldude

Mar 29, 2006, 11:55 AM
Hmmm... Well, working where I work, folks are taking this seriously. Very seriously. I think the telephia report might be more unbiased that you think. I've worked with telephia for other stuff, everything seemed on the up and up. Of course, like you pointed out, JD Power used a different methodology, perhaps one more comprehensive. I still think that the telephia report and Cingy claim is more than mere spin.
nextel18

Mar 29, 2006, 11:59 AM
interesting...

well, if you have ties with a company and you do a report for the company, chances are it will be good as it was, but with JDPOWER doesnt seem to have ties like telephia has with cingular, it will be a bit more unbiased, which it was. the point is, i would like to see another company such as telephia reporting that same situation, becuase on metric wise and by JDPowers, there is no way that cingular has the least drop call and best network..

if they do then great, and they are doing a great job at marketing, but they dont back their claims up.. (such as with metrics and complaints etc..)

verizon, on the other hand, does a great job, eventhough it isnt done by telephia but rather themselves..

i just think red fl...
(continues)
lefteyeiu2006

Mar 29, 2006, 6:51 PM
I agree. Never listen to the ads, they always bend the truth. The truth is Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, and T-Mobile cannot compare to AT&T's landline service.
nextel18

Mar 29, 2006, 9:12 PM
the only way you believe in ads, is that it actually provides a good product and metrics and figures back it up..

sprint= very good powervision
verizon= very good coverage network
tmobile= many JDpowers awards
cingular= not sure. lol. maybe many complaints? lol
D-Mobile

Apr 3, 2006, 10:37 AM
I like the post. Every time I see one of those ads, I gotta keep myself from getting fired up. I'm sure that some regions have great coverage for Cingular, but in the northwest, everyone I know with Cingular gets many dropped calls. The way the ad is worded should concern any consumer, I.E. no mention of the testing firm's name, credentials, etc. anyone can claim something, but I would like a bit more backup. Consumer Reports, JD Powers, have built a reputation for themselves, and Verizon does have an incredible network. Flair and Flexible w/Power vision is another great example of a "tangible" advantage, but it just seemed like a stretch for Cingy. I don't particularly hate Cingular, In fact, ever since they bought out AT&T for this ...
(continues)
guido1869

Apr 3, 2006, 11:56 AM
cingular may actually have the fewest dropped calls but that's only because you can't drop a call if it won't connect in the first place
Wireless Consultant

Apr 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
I submited a post a few months ago about Cingular service being terrible in South Florida.

But since then it has improved and they are claiming that the service will be landline quality by June 2006.

I have a phone with all South Florida carriers so I will keep everyone updated.

www.wirelessconsultant.net
s0lrac

Apr 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
I am located in South Florida and I was on Cingular for a few years and switched to T-Mobile last year.. T-Mobile recently notified me that 75 cell sites were added in 2005 for the Miami/South Florida area... T-Mobile service is pretty good but I must say that Cingular was a bit better in terms of getting signal in more places...
nextel18

Apr 5, 2006, 10:22 AM
very true; 🙂
SPCSVZWJeff

Mar 28, 2006, 8:17 PM
What Cingular is saying is true, not in every market, but nevertheless it is true.
Many people mistqake telephia for JD powers and associates which ranks more than dropped calls.
JD Powers also rates carriers by blocked calls and sound quality. JD powers is all about the consumer experience, not necessarily the technical. Telephia actually does drive tests of networks as well as consumer opinions.
bulldude

Mar 29, 2006, 10:17 AM
Telephia also does a lot of testing for customer churn. Folks porting in and out, etc.
Chappy412

Apr 4, 2006, 7:43 PM
You also gotta look at JDPowers how they get their results... Poll 1k-5k people in an area, and thats how they get their results. So t-Mobile is #1 in customer satisfaction, because when ever a customer has a problem, "phuck it, lets thow bonus minutes at them". Telephia, like mentioned before does drive tests, which means they are out all over the US testing all providers carriers phones and records all the dropped calls. So before you go spouting off about how much crap it is, know what the F*&* youre talking about. Thanks have a great day!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.