Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

You have got to be kidding me, right?

Charlieamerk

Mar 10, 2006, 1:26 AM
I am a Sprint customer that has a 230 dollar a month phone bill. I work in an environment where I have referred tons of people because of the gadgets I always carry with this company. I currently carry the MM-A920 and the PPC6700.

I talk on my primary about 5000 minutes a month. You mean to tell me that these phones were designed with my kind of usage in mind? Give me a break.

Sprint has always been really kind to me, and if you approach customer retention politely and state this very fact, they will usually find a way to take care of you. Just BE POLITE. And don't think that the people on the other side of the phone don't write down when you have been a jerk to them.
ErikaMarie

Mar 10, 2006, 11:20 AM
Kinda off subject but it would seem to me that if you have a $230 per month phone bill, you need to switch companies.

T-Mobile available in your area? They have good prices... My company (CellularONE) offers unlimited National minutes for $100 per month, & unlimited state-wide minutes for $50 per month, allowing the customer to add on a surrounding state for $5 each.
SPCSVZWJeff

Mar 11, 2006, 5:00 PM
At this point T-Mobile is really not that much lower if at all than Sprint. Also T-Mobile cannot even come close to the data offerings Sprint has with EVDO. Both handsets he mentioned are EVDO capable. In my market Sprint customers are averaging about 1MBPS on EVDO service. Why go back to something as slow as EDGE? If and when T-Mobile brings out HSDPA then they will have an adequate comparison.
Sprint also has an unlimited plan for $199.99 and it covers the entire country. Including off network roaming. Nobody else has that much voice coverage.

T-Mo can harp on their 3000 minute plan for $49.99 but it may not be good enough for a high user or someone who lives in a border area where they travel to other regions frequently.
rytiffany

Mar 12, 2006, 2:42 PM
Plus T-Mobile is GSM and the coverage is spotty. Cruising around with my sister for a week I noticed that Sprint had service everywhere I went. Her phone, a Cingular phone, was constantly losing reception and dropping calls. She was none the wiser thinking that it was just a part of cellular service. I straightened her out though.
Whitehorse

Mar 10, 2006, 3:44 PM
Charlie, you are right on with the politeness - most of us enjoy working with polite people & will go a bit farther for those who are nice, polite, & appreciative!

The "squeaky wheel" may first get some extra grease; however, if it keeps squeaking, it gets put in the trash heap!!!
phonehore

Mar 12, 2006, 1:40 PM
🙂 hey man check out T-Mobile. You can get 5000 whenever minutes, with unlimited N&W's naionwide for $129.99/mth 😁 . They have some cool phones, plus if you want something they dont have check out E-bay and buy any GSM phone with at least the American 1900 frqz.unlocked 😉 . If your into data they have Edge/Gprs/ Wi-Fi(hot spots). T-Mobile is a value service and company. 😁
s0lrac

Mar 24, 2006, 8:58 AM
EDGE/GPRS DOES NOT COMPARE TO EV-DO
SprintBGN

Mar 24, 2006, 10:31 AM
well, duh
Charlieamerk

Mar 23, 2006, 10:09 PM
Tons of data usage, Tons of anytime minutes... I've shopped Cingular and V... Can't even come close to the solid deal that Sprint gives me.

Plus, they have a ranking system that rates you by:

Bill
Longevity
payment history

So the longer you stay with a consistanly high bill, the more they are likely to bend over and take it when you are 8 months into a phone, and have worn it out.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.