Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Nokia phone

fokrab1

Jun 29, 2004, 3:56 PM
Any chance VZW will add a Nokia phone. I really like the 3589i but would prefer some of the other models I see Nokia has placed with other comapnies.

The 6015i is a new CDMA phone but not certain if it is destined for Sprint or VZW. Any ideas ?
towermonkey

Jun 29, 2004, 4:19 PM
fokrab1 said:
Any chance VZW will add a Nokia phone. I really like the 3589i but would prefer some of the other models I see Nokia has placed with other comapnies.

The 6015i is a new CDMA phone but not certain if it is destined for Sprint or VZW. Any ideas ?

The 6015i _might_ be a VZW, but the 6255i almost certainly will. The latter will have Bluetooth & will generally be the high-end Nokia for VZW, probably for a good while.
omar3208

Jun 29, 2004, 4:28 PM
i hadn't heard about the 6255i until now.....it looks pretty decent and will probably sell pretty well
muchdrama

Jun 30, 2004, 5:12 PM
towermonkey said:
fokrab1 said:

The 6015i _might_ be a VZW, but the 6255i almost certainly will. The latter will have Bluetooth & will generally be the high-end Nokia for VZW, probably for a good while.
I concur. A Nokia rep recently told me that Verizon will carry a version of the 6225...with an external antenna. Bah! Stupid Verizon and their stupid external antennas. The 6015 has an external antenna, so I'm almost positive it's on...
(continues)
Wired in Vegas

Jun 30, 2004, 7:20 PM
Yeah, Verizon is stupid for forcing manufacturers to supply phones in a configuration that allows them to work properly. What morons!
muchdrama

Jun 30, 2004, 10:26 PM
Wired in Vegas said:
Yeah, Verizon is stupid for forcing manufacturers to supply phones in a configuration that allows them to work properly. What morons!
My point, Mr. Smartass, was that Sprint seems to make Nokias work just fine on their network withOUT external antennas (Nokia 6225). SO...since Verizon's network is even better, why can't they offer Nokias without external antennas? The 6225 does NOT need an external antenna on Verizon's network...it's just Verizon's crap policies that force this on handset manufacturers. No wonder Verizon doesn't get cool new phones out to consumers. Any more smart comments, Captain Wireless?
CainMarko

Jul 7, 2004, 8:59 PM
Another reason they don't get phones from the top manufacturers is because of the extreme high cost to make the cdma chip sets. It's the price customers pay for their supposed "more reliable network". They implemented a cost effective network at the cost of the user. So that's why you see brands such as Audiovox(don't they make wal-mart stereos?) and kyocera(who?) topping the list of phones offered by VZW and Sprint. Any phones offered by the TOP manufacturers are usually paired with a hefty price tag. There may be good news down the pike for the cdma world- Nokia recently unveiled plans with a chipset manufacturer to make the cdma chip sets less expensive to produce. Maybe they can do it in time for cdma2000x...
muchdrama

Jul 7, 2004, 9:34 PM
CainMarko said:
Another reason they don't get phones from the top manufacturers is because of the extreme high cost to make the cdma chip sets. It's the price customers pay for their supposed "more reliable network". They implemented a cost effective network at the cost of the user. So that's why you see brands such as Audiovox(don't they make wal-mart stereos?) and kyocera(who?) topping the list of phones offered by VZW and Sprint. Any phones offered by the TOP manufacturers are usually paired with a hefty price tag. There may be good news down the pike for the cdma world- Nokia recently unveiled plans with a chipset manufacturer to make the cdma chip sets less expensive to produce. Maybe they can do it in time for cdma2
(continues)
Aitm908

Jul 2, 2004, 12:31 PM
YEAH DEF MORONS!! Can SOMEONE give REAL evidence of how much BETTER reception/quality someone gets from a STUPID antenna that pokes you and looks ugly and disallows you to use a wider selection of phones?!

If they are Verizon is FOREVER expanding their network like they claim they do, should the signal get better in areas already well developed or getting developed?! WHY would we NEED an antenna unless their signal is so crappy that we need one?!

I have Cingular, and was going to get Verizon for the "in" network and caz its cheaper then my plan now but after reading all of this bs about verizon why would ANY moron get a VZN? They are making us wait for these pipe dreams of Bluetooth phones, and great camera phones and features.. for W...
(continues)
justpeachy

Jul 2, 2004, 6:07 PM
i can definitely see why you would decide against going with a company who offers you better reception and a cheaper plan. because of an antenna. Very informed decision. I don't care which carrier anyone has- if another carrier offers better reception in your area, and a cheaper plan, how are you benefitting by staying with your current carrier??? 😕
Aitm908

Jul 3, 2004, 4:40 PM
you know.. typical type response.. people make a hill out of a mole hole... how much more SUPERIOR is the quality/reception?! it is probably so marginal as to be insignificant.. and arent minor inconveniences well worth the huge phone selection? i think so.. and please.. i rarely get dropped calls/bad reception... everyone touts better service caz they dont know anything better, and everyone they know is on verizon so its free mobile to mobile. anyways.. verizon is going down as soon as people decide that all reception/quality is the same and they want more features on their phones.....
vzwdaddy

Jul 7, 2004, 3:41 PM
i think it is a good thing you stayed there. We would not want a person who can form an opinion for themselves and take the choices of other people.
omar3208

Jun 29, 2004, 4:25 PM
from the specs it looks like its going to be for verizon....i'll ask around and give more info when i find out

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.