Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

T-Mobile Moving Towards Two-Year Plans

dcsoxfan04

Feb 22, 2006, 3:33 PM
Hey, gang... I just read on CNet that T-Mobile's about to start putting a lot of emphasis on signing people up for TWO years, rather than one. On March 1, apparently, they're going to start stripping away some of the good deals on phones they've offered for folks on a one-year contract.

Looks like you've got about a week if you want a cheap phone and a one-year T-Mobile contract. Just thought that might be useful info for some...
Mid_Isle

Feb 22, 2006, 5:21 PM
Actually, we've been offering 2 yr contracts for handset purchases for a few months now.
The Lost Ramone

Feb 22, 2006, 5:57 PM
offering? or enforcing?
dcsoxfan04

Feb 23, 2006, 9:47 AM
Ha ha... exactly, Lost Ramone. From what I've heard, the "discount" on phones with one-year contract is going to be about $50 less than it is now. You'll have to do a two-year to get the full deal.
danielson

Feb 23, 2006, 12:32 PM
I don't see what the big deal is???? So they will be using two yr contracts to get lower prices OMG hell is freezing over!!! If you HAVE to have a one year contract just pay the higher prices! $50 is nothing anywayz. Besides, locking more people in a two year contract than one year will allow them to get more revenue which in turn will allow them to expand their coverage and roll out some pretty sweet services (UMA for example)
dcsoxfan04

Feb 23, 2006, 3:49 PM
Umm, it's not the end of the world, no. Never said it was. It just seemed like someone might find the information useful, if they're about to buy a T-Mobile phone. Simmer down. 🙂
nextel18

Feb 23, 2006, 4:16 PM
i dont think it really matters if it is a 2 year deal or a 1 year deal becuase one could always leave and as long as the ETF doesnt double or go up at all then it wouldnt matter.

it wouldnt change my mind at all if i was in a 1 year or a 2 year plan. if the company is providing great service to the consumer then a 2 year plan instead wouldnt really matter to them.

(all in my view)
Mid_Isle

Feb 25, 2006, 1:46 PM
No plan on ETF's doubling, still going to be the standard 200.00 to the best of my knowledge.

And no, we're not forcing anyone to get a 2 year contract, I still do more 1 year contract Handset purchases than 2 year.
nextel18

Mar 1, 2006, 10:32 AM
you didnt get my point i dont think... i meant that if everything stayed the same with regarding the ETF and plans and promotions then people wont care especially if they are getting good service.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.