Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

SE Z520

Photogal1966

Jan 19, 2006, 1:54 PM
This phone has been recalled for Cingular. Anyone heard when the phone will be back in action?

What problems have you experienced with this handset?

Thanks!
ralph_on_me

Jan 19, 2006, 4:20 PM
The memory gets full if you don't powercycle the phone every 3-4 days. I read the stop-ship/stop-sell advisory on it and the first thing I thought was, "What phone DOESN'T have problems if you don't powercycle it?"

For the past two years I've been telling my customers to powercycle their phone at least once a week. You'll get better reception, which causes better battery life, and fewer problems with texts or internet use.

Powercycling your phone fixes 80% of all phone "problems" so I don't see any reason to stop selling them. They're not asking current owners to call XBM, just powercycle them every once in awhile.
Kharma217

Jan 28, 2006, 2:46 PM
I have this phone. I had some problems after I had it for about two weeks. Turned out to be defective SIM card! I was so glad because I love this phone!! It is my favorite so far. Now that I have a good SIM, I have NO problems. Turns out my hubby had defective SIM also. Had same problems and same number SIM card, and he has LG C2000
BTW, I do powercycle at least every two days. Thanks to my sales rep for teaching me that!!
six9mali

Jan 28, 2006, 7:05 PM
Powercycle? I've never heard this term before. What does it mean?
Scotch

Feb 19, 2006, 1:52 AM
Turn off, turn on ...one full "power cycle".

Cingular should beat this into the heads of every one of their sales reps. Tell your customers to power cycle once in a while, but make sure to remind them it doesn't have to stay off... 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.