Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Radio Shack & Cingular

sonyluver30

Nov 15, 2005, 7:21 AM
Just thought I'd post & let everyone know; that Radio Shack is partnering up with Cingular starting Jan.1st. They will be selling phones & also writing up contracts for NEW customers. 😉
crazyeaglefan236

Nov 15, 2005, 4:27 PM
WHAT?!?!?! What about Verizon Wireless?!?!?!

J/K.

This is news that is older then dirt...

BTW...good riddance. The create so many issues it is unreal. I am glad I don't have to deal with their problems anymore. Have fun Cingular...
JGreen

Nov 16, 2005, 2:41 PM
yeah i work for radioshack starting 1/1/06 we drop vzw & pick up cingular
crazyeaglefan236

Nov 19, 2005, 12:40 PM
I am looking forward to this! I am tired of cleaning up their customer's accounts...
JGreen

Nov 21, 2005, 1:43 PM
who's accounts???
DarkStar

Nov 21, 2005, 8:02 PM
You are just jealous because RadioShack sells more cellphones than god.
crazyeaglefan236

Nov 21, 2005, 8:11 PM
LOL. yeah sure. I am jealous.

I am just glad I don't have to deal with their misled customers...
FM_Weasel

Nov 27, 2005, 6:39 PM
Because no Verizon store employee has ever misled a customer. 🙄

I'm kinda bummed we're dropping such a great carrier. I'm not a big fan of GSM performance/coverage in the US and I won't be as happy selling Cingular
doczaius

Nov 20, 2005, 1:33 AM
Yea the news is older than dirt. It was announced internally about 3 or 4 months ago. As for the problems, with everyone and their dog being authorized cingular agents, we have gotten used to the screw ups. If anything it brings in customers that need things fixed.. after that they never return to radio shack or where ever.
Airone

Nov 21, 2005, 3:44 PM
True! True! I get plenty of customers from Radio Shacks and not being able to fix problems. Plus, the best news is AT&T just bought out cingular and is taking over their name and everything. Bye Bye Cingular!
CNGinsider

Nov 21, 2005, 4:34 PM
Dude, What are you talking about, SBC which owns Cingular bought AT&T. SBC decided to Changes its name to AT&T. Also AT&T maybe doing a new MVOP and resell Cingular Service under the AT&T brand..
baristakid

Nov 28, 2005, 5:54 PM
In regards to all of the problems with Radioshack employees not being able to fix stuff...this is mainly due to our lack of accessibility to a customers account. I have found this to be true for both carriers that we carry. As for misleading customers, as a manager I will not stand to my customers being lied to. If I found out that anyone on my team was lying to sell phones, they would be gone. By stereotyping Radioshack employees as dumbasses who lie cheat and steal to sell a phone, anyone would simply open themselves up to the same type of stereotyping. I personally love verizon and enjoy selling it. It will be a dark day when all of the phones leave and we have to start carrying Cingular (although it will be nice to sell phones to o...
(continues)
crazyeaglefan236

Nov 28, 2005, 7:22 PM
I admit they are "honest", but it is all the approach. One of the largest problem is the "service plan" that is sold to customers. I would say that 90 percent believe that this is insurance. I cannot count the number of customers that come in saying that have insurance and cannot get another phone for water damage. This is a major misconception that hurts and misleads customers.

Also, I love it when I have at least one customer per day coming in and saying that Radio Shack sent them into my store (I am an indirect and not Verizon Wireless). Typically this is just customer care related issues that the reps just don't want to take the time to help.
baristakid

Nov 29, 2005, 11:45 PM
I will admit this is sad. The fortunate thing is that Radioshack was supposed to stop selling Verizon insurance a couple of months ago, so this issue should be getting smaller in number as time goes on. We began selling our own replacement option which covers pretty much the same stuff as the insurance does. Oh, and by the way, in ERoes, it is listed as insurance, although I have always been careful to tell the costomer it does not cover water damage. In regards to the second issue you brought up, there are lazy people everywhere. I also get people coming in from the verizon store saying they sent them to us, and since becoming the manager about six months ago, we have done a great job caring for those customers, even if they're not our...
(continues)
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 7, 2005, 3:59 PM
The insurance that is offered by VZW is through either Lockline or Asurion. In either case, water damage IS covered. The 50.00 service plan (pure money maker) that Radio Shack sells doesn't cover liquid damage. That would be like me selling someone home owners insurance that doesn't cover fires.

I am glad you take this interest in your customers. I wish the one across the street from where I work did too. Here is one small example:

They had a customer that was out of contract looking to add a line of service. What did they do? They upgraded the customer's existing phone and then took the old phone and added a new line with that phone. The customer's old (new) phone crapped out. They came into my store and this was found out. ...
(continues)
colione112

Dec 5, 2005, 12:24 PM
yea, more undercutting and they won't even do upgrades.
baristakid

Dec 17, 2005, 12:58 AM
I definitely feel I am in the minority...A lot of people seem to have a bad taste in their mouths in regards to Radioshack's customer service. This is precicely why I was placed in my store. The previous manager was One of these people (who lie, cheat, and steal) and my boss placed me here to gain customers back. Because of myself and the team I have hired to replace the old team, we are gaining our numbers back and have gotten at least three recognitions from corporate when customers write letters to talk about how great we help them. All anyone can do is their best...Thats what I do and I hope all of you do to.
colione112

Dec 17, 2005, 1:26 PM
this is how I feel...

RadioShack is just another agent, that happens to sell other stuff as well...

They can't really dedicate the training needed because they sell so much other stuff.

What they do have, is a huge amount of traffic, that can help convert sales for mobile phones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.