Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

When is Cingular going to Carry a good Phone

ORDinBNA

Sep 12, 2005, 2:19 PM
The V635 lloked like a great phone. I have been a Moto user for some time but my last 3 have been junk.

When is Moto and Cingular going to come out with a quality phone that ins't a PDA i.e. Treo, BlackBerry or iPaq?

Cingular has had to replace my V551 twice as of today for the same reason. The thing resets in the middle of a call and has to go through the whole start-up process.

I just want a stable well built phone.
stevelvl

Sep 12, 2005, 3:40 PM
ORDinBNA said:
The V635 lloked like a great phone. I have been a Moto user for some time but my last 3 have been junk.

When is Moto and Cingular going to come out with a quality phone that ins't a PDA i.e. Treo, BlackBerry or iPaq?

Cingular has had to replace my V551 twice as of today for the same reason. The thing resets in the middle of a call and has to go through the whole start-up process.

I just want a stable well built phone.

only 2 things cause aphone to do that. software or power issues. if you kept your battery last time the phone was swapped then that is the answer. battery terminals might need to be cleaned the battery might just be deective.
ORDinBNA

Sep 12, 2005, 6:53 PM
Brand new on both. A friend of mine that works for Cingular says that they are very aware issues with the V551
stevelvl

Sep 12, 2005, 8:17 PM
ORDinBNA said:
Brand new on both. A friend of mine that works for Cingular says that they are very aware issues with the V551

then it sounds like it must be a software issue. but cingular has no way to update your phone easely
ORDinBNA

Sep 13, 2005, 8:15 AM
That would be why they are shipping me the third one. Thank god I had the foresight to get the insurance otherwise I would be shelling out large money for a new phone.

I should not blame Cingular, I should blame Moto. This is the third phone that I have had from them with problems. The other two were actually on ATTWS.

Sometimes I long for the good old days of the mini brick phone. It was actually one of the most reliable phones I have ever had.
PolarIce

Sep 13, 2005, 9:39 PM
I am suprised at the beating the v505/551 is getting. I have had the ATTWS version (v505) from the day of release and have never had a problem. I think it maybe the carrier rather than the phone itself. Hmmm... 😁
colione112

Oct 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
Nah it's not the carrier, there was a software upgrade that moto started to use, and it had a flaw. They are replacing any problems that turn up, but they didn't catch it in time to avoid having to replace a phone twice, or even three times...

When they put a phone out, they should just leave the software alone if it works fine. Why fix something that isn't broken.

The same thing happened to the nokia 6230. they put out a newer version with "improved" software, then the phone froze and they still don't know how to fix it. Again why change something that isn't broken.
beenthere

Sep 13, 2005, 11:50 AM
The nokia 6102 is going to be for sale on the 15th of sept.
everman

Sep 13, 2005, 4:43 PM
Buy the v635 anyway. You can still use it on Cingulars network.
Kdaddy

Nov 12, 2005, 8:07 PM
cingular does not make phones...
cellnuts

Nov 12, 2005, 8:12 PM
its not cingular that has the problem its Mootorola, ahve you looked at the user reveiws on this site for mot. phones? they are pieces or junk. try a nokia they are rated the best and i guarentee ya you'll get a better phone and service with one
sonyluver30

Nov 15, 2005, 6:53 AM
I was actually in a Cingular store today. They will have alot of NEW phones coming out the middle or end of next month. I have a Motorola V-551 that I've had for almost 2 years. It's been a great phone. I was actually looking at the Razr & the salesman that always works with my Mom & I; told me I would be making a huge mistake. This guy could have made more from selling the Razr; but he was more pleased with making sure the customer was satisfied. And I am. My Mom also bought one. I have several people I know; that bought the Razr. And they are disgusted with it. It has the looks. But that's it. At least from what I've heard. The V-551 has been a sturdy & dependable phone. I use the bluetooth on it all the time. And the call quality is very ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.