Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Apple Press Release

truthinsuffering

Aug 25, 2012, 3:36 PM
I have been hearing rumors that there is supposed to be an Apple press release on 09/13/2012, can anyone validate this?

Everything seems to be falling in place for a new Iphone to come out.
Oakscell

Aug 30, 2012, 7:10 PM
I've been hearing 9/12 will be the announcement and out on the 21st. All of the pictures make it look just like a 4s; only a half inch taller.
truthinsuffering

Sep 1, 2012, 5:02 PM
Yeah that is what I have seen too.... Hearing either 09/12/2012 or 09/13/2012 for the press release. I guess we will see, it is coming up here soon.

Yeah been hearing LTE and 4.5" screen.... My Apple Guru here is saying that the charging port is smaller because they didn't need as many pins on the phone (since some of them are used for Firewire).... Which means accessories for older iphones/ipad/ipod will not work... I kinda doubt this one, it would be a stupid move... but again we shall see.
Oakscell

Sep 2, 2012, 11:16 AM
They actually already have parts leaks of pretty much everything but the main frame of the phone. Its going to be a 4 inch screen but going to stay exactly as wide as the 4s. And yup, the charging port is going to be a 9 pin, down from the 30 pin its used for years. They are saying that apple is trying to move away from wired dock stations and telling speaker companies to start pushing wireless products. Still, going to be a lot of upset people who have iPhone docks in their cars or thousand dollar sound systems at home.

Its basically supposed to look like a slightly taller version of the iphone 4s. Where I work, we actually already have in screen protectors for the iphone 5.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 11:33 AM
Take pics of the screen protectors and post it on the internet.
Oakscell

Sep 2, 2012, 12:22 PM
When I put it over my iphone 4, its slightly thinner but about a half inch taller. It has the center camera directly over the speaker. I am way to lazy to post it anywhere but if you want to see it, pm me your number and I'll text it to you. (or give me an email)
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 12:44 PM
Pm me, I can't PM you, you have it blocked.
Oakscell

Sep 2, 2012, 1:13 PM
PM sent... I think. Sorry, new to site.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 2:05 PM
PM'd back. Not 100% sure on giving out my number, if you could attach it to the email, that'd be great! You don't have to worry about your number though, I'm trustworthy.
Oakscell

Sep 2, 2012, 2:38 PM
I understand. Email works too. Took a few pics in relation to iphone 4 dummy phone and iphone 4 screen protectors.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 2:49 PM
Sweet thanks! Should be an announcement sometime this week then if accessories are popping up.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 11:35 AM
They switched to a different connector to move the headphone jack to the bottom. We don't know why yet, but this could be due to NFC as there is a chip where the headphone port would be normally.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 11:35 AM
Potentially it will be USB 3.0, as it's a standard now in most PC's these days. I just upgraded to USB 3.0, and it's insanely fast.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 11:07 AM
http://asia.cnet.com/working-iphone-5-unit-leaked-on ... »

4 inch display

This is pretty much confirmed now with this being leaked.
Haggard

Sep 2, 2012, 11:09 AM
Rumor says it's 33% thinner.
Haggard

Sep 4, 2012, 12:18 PM
Invites were sent out today, it's a big "12" and the shadow makes out a "5". It says "It's almost here"
Oakscell

Sep 6, 2012, 1:39 PM
Wow, was pretty convinced it would't be called the 5 actually.
truthinsuffering

Sep 6, 2012, 7:38 PM
I was actually thinking that it would be like "The New Ipad" or "The New Macbook" I was figuring they would call it "The New Iphone"
TheDudeAbides

Sep 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
that is all
Oakscell

Sep 13, 2012, 4:15 PM
I heard only certain reps will preorder it for you so you have to keep calling back and throwing a tantrum
Trismegistus

Sep 24, 2012, 10:35 PM
I agree with this rumor.

I also agree with the album "Rumors".
Fredd

Oct 1, 2012, 4:11 PM
All lies. There is no such thing as the iPhone 5, otherwise they would be shipping! 🤣
.I_I.

Oct 2, 2012, 8:09 PM
There is no such thing as an iPhone. Come on now. 😈
Trismegistus

Oct 5, 2012, 10:19 PM
Mass hallucinations with pricey rate plans.
That's the best technological break through Apple has ever done!
.I_I.

Oct 7, 2012, 4:01 PM
M
Trismegistus

Oct 7, 2012, 7:33 PM
Is a quality German film.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.