Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Apple Wireless

truthinsuffering

May 3, 2012, 8:18 PM
So, there is a rumor going around that apparently Apple plans to create their own wireless company (Cell phone provider) which will be called Apple Wireless. I have not seen anything on PS or any any other information system I have access to. Can anyone validate this. The word is that with doing this that they will have stop selling the Iphone with all carriers and it will be exclusive to just their cell phone network. Another part of the rumor is that the phone will run on T-Mobiles HSPA+ networks. I highly doubt that Apple would stop selling their phone with other providers or that they would use T-Mobiles network, but it is plausible. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Massively

May 4, 2012, 9:44 AM
they have iPhones
now they want iCarrier?

i dont know if that's greed or a noble act for consumers
truthinsuffering

May 4, 2012, 2:57 PM
Yeah, I am sure that this is quite plausible. An entire carrier for the Iphone zombies.
Haggard

May 6, 2012, 9:45 AM
No, because Apple hasn't said anything...I highly doubt it would happen though.
cellphoneguy

May 11, 2012, 1:44 PM
They have the cash for it so it would'nt suprise me at all.
iljaaf21

May 12, 2012, 1:18 PM
To greatgodbob that this is true. If I never had to sell an iPhone again, my life would be perfect!
Rich Brome

Jun 5, 2012, 1:00 PM
I doubt it. At this point, there's no existing network that could handle all (or even most) iPhones.

Building a new network is next to impossible, for a variety of reasons.

Also, while the US is hugely important, the iPhone is a global product. It makes little sense to have one business model for the iPhone in the US, and a completely different business model everywhere else. And I don't see how they could replicate such a model worldwide. Some overseas laws might not even allow it.
truthinsuffering

Jun 30, 2012, 2:54 PM
Well said Rich. Yeah, some rumor somebody at work said. I didn't think it made since either... I mean when the super bowl was going on... I think it was 2 years back.... When everyone had unlimited data and the Iphone had really exploded at&t network shut down in half the country because it couldn't support all the data that was being used.
iPhoneSpyApp.com

Feb 8, 2017, 9:32 PM
I honestly would not be surprised.. they like to get in before their "competitors" can get a jump on them or a head start.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.