Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Verizon Wireless Customers....Look Out!

awebnut2

Mar 12, 2011, 7:25 PM
I have been eligible for an upgrade with Verizon since summer 2010 but haven't done so because I didn't see any phones that were worth it. My "official" contract with Verizon has long since expired. I've been waiting for either the HTC Thunderbolt or the Motorola Droid Bionic but, as we can all see, we're being jerked around on a release date - purely to pad Verizon's pockets, I'm sure. Anyway, I just got a call from Verizon, who GRACIOUSLY offered me $40 off my bill if I would commit to a 2 year contract - with no upgraded phone. Wow! Are they kidding? They must think all their customers are flat-out stupid. I responded to their gracious offer with "now why would I commit to another 2 years with Verizon, without upgrading to a new ph...
(continues)
Ghostly Captain Ahash

Mar 13, 2011, 8:52 PM
will offer that kind of $40 credit without effecting your upgrade eligibility, so you may have been able to accept both.
Kayslay34

Mar 15, 2011, 12:26 PM
Ya, Sprint offers $50, $75, and $100 dollar service credits for renewal depending on your tenure and premiere level.
olderthandirt

Mar 15, 2011, 5:25 PM
not sure where you came up with the 100.00 but sprint offers at times contract extentsion credits which come and go based on contract end date.

It does not change upgrade elig

Sprint is changing upgrade policy for premier customers based on plan price that will effect the primary line upgrade elig for 1 or 2 year rotation
Kayslay34

Mar 16, 2011, 10:43 AM
LOL, go check in csm there is one in actions-adjustments-ban/subscriber. I don't even work for Sprint and i know this lol. Your the reason for failed IR's and bad customer service.
Azeron

Mar 16, 2011, 11:08 PM
You don't work for Sprint? Wow!
Kayslay34

Mar 17, 2011, 3:13 PM
My roommate works in the fraud department on campus in OP Kansas and my cuz works in OKC triage center.
OrionsVantage

Mar 14, 2011, 10:29 AM
Wait...so you're telling me that they were offering you $960 to stay with your current phone and extend your contract? LOL, if you get the thunderbolt for approximately $300 you're only saving yourself approximately $450 by using your upgrade....

All these numbers are approximate, of course, but it sounds like Verizon offered you a pretty decent damn deal, but you refused to do the math before looking down your nose at the 'Evil' company that is verizon.
I'm thinking you've really lost touch with your math skills.
anrcgr

Mar 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
They were only offered $40 off of one phone bill, not $40 per month.
OrionsVantage

Mar 15, 2011, 11:03 AM
the OP didn't make it clear one way or the other.
Kayslay34

Mar 15, 2011, 12:27 PM
Its obvious that its only one month lol, companies don't pro-actively offer hard discounts in that amount for a 2 year agreement.
OrionsVantage

Mar 15, 2011, 12:40 PM
Verizon in limited markets offered a $69.99 450 min, unlimited txt, unlimited data plan for an average savings of $20.00. they did the same thing with the family share lines offering a savings of $20 a month per line. If OP has a two line family share plan with 2 smartphones activated Verizon might have been trying to switch him to that plan saving him $40 a month. I've heard of Verizon offering this plan to people who were out of contract but with smartphones on their plans.

Instead of me being obviously wrong, its obvious that OP didn't give us enough information to make a correct evaluation of the subject.
Kayslay34

Mar 16, 2011, 10:46 AM
No, thats still not a hard discount. LOL Its just them trialling a plan in a select market. Sorry you fail, its cool it happens sometimes.

P.S. He never said anything about a plan change so your theory of trying to come up with a way to defend your point failed.
OrionsVantage

Mar 16, 2011, 9:58 PM
Your reading skills need work. All the op said was that verizon was offering 40$ off. I've changed tons of plans with out ever using the words price plan change and instead saying I can save you x amount of dollars a month on your monthly bill.

The fact that you're reading into ops post as fact when he obviously didn't give enough information to formulate a fact is laughable. But if you want to sit there and think you're right and I'm wrong, go right ahead. Ignorance is bliss after all
Azeron

Mar 16, 2011, 11:22 PM
By the way care can make these one year contract extension offers over the phone as well. They were good for extending a contract and THEN sending a customer into our store to upgrade. Those sales reps would be angry as *Bleep*!
Kayslay34

Mar 17, 2011, 3:00 PM
That makes you a bad agent and a liar for not informing the customer that your changing their plan.....
OrionsVantage

Mar 17, 2011, 3:02 PM
you obviously don't work in the industry, or with people very often do you?
Kayslay34

Mar 17, 2011, 4:26 PM
So your defending your lying to the customer as an industry wide practice. Nice.... But anyways I'm pretty sure the "good" agents are not like you who cause issue later on when a customer realizes they are on a plan they never agreed to.
OrionsVantage

Mar 17, 2011, 4:55 PM
I'm not defending anything. There is different verbage to mean the same things. For instance verizon changed Mobile Broadband plans from $59.99 to $50.00 a month. In those situations, all i would ask is if they wanted to save $9.99 a month. I change their plan and they walk away $120 a year richer.

Or if i have to go from an ACII to a nationwide plan to satify upgrade requirements i'll change plans and not think twice about it.

these are things that happen. It has never affected one of my NPS scores nor has it caused me any trouble in the past.

So do you often make broad accusations about things you don't really know anything about? Seems like you're pretty well praticed at it.
Azeron

Mar 16, 2011, 11:19 PM
As a former employee who saw sales reps do this all the time...it's one month. Dude still should have jumped on this since obviously he is happy with Verizon and will still be able to uograde his eq at two year contract price. That's probably why he hasn't responded. He realizes he looked a free month in the mouth.
Azeron

Mar 16, 2011, 11:16 PM
He may not have made it clear, but that is what the reps at my store offered. Verizon isn't foolish enough to give sales reps credit authority so that rep would have had to get a CSR like I was, an assistant manager or a retail manager to make that adjustment. Believe me any one of those would have laughed in his face. But again...a one year contract extension would not have effected the customer's ability to upgrade his equipment. Only an equipment upgrade does that. What it means is when that customer finally gets off his *Bleep* and goes down to his local retail store to upgrade the rep actually performing the equipment upgrade will make no money so if their is a customer service rep available if it is an A or B store that rep will s...
(continues)
Azeron

Mar 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
Well...Verizon IS evil though despite whatever flaw this poster has concerning math.
Azeron

Mar 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, the sales reps at my store would call customers when they were bored and make offers like that to them. They can only sign you up for a one year contract extension over the phone though. As far as I know those customers are still eligible for two year contract upgrades and you would be surprised at how many customers jump on that measly forty dollar offer or did you think that they would be calling you if it hadn't worked on countless others? Verizon prints a list of customers who are close to being out of their contracts and when it is slow and sales reps are on their phone texting to their significant others the manager will come out and make them call those customers and make those offers or suggest text packages etc... I am an ...
(continues)
kendrat

Mar 18, 2011, 5:30 AM
Your wait is over if you are waiting for the thunderbolt. I was just on their site and it is posted there to actually buy it.
cellphoneguy

Mar 18, 2011, 11:00 AM
Could of walked in the store and bought on yesterday.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.