Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 16 replies

ATTWS North American Package

Mendel

Feb 26, 2004, 3:49 PM
AT&T has for an extra $9.99 no roaming etc. in canada..

does anyone know if that includes N/W and if that includes long distance to america..

I know what it says on the website, what I want to hear it from people who used their phone there and got bills...

(b/c the fine print is not clear, and every person I speak to there, tells me somthing else)
leaps19

Feb 26, 2004, 6:58 PM
no roaming or LD charges calling from canada to the US w/ the $9.99 feature on the GSM national plans.
Mendel

Feb 26, 2004, 10:55 PM
that its what it says in the big print, but in the fine print, its not too clear, plus I was told more than one think by CS.

and what's with N&W?
Mendel

Feb 26, 2004, 10:57 PM
that its what it says in the big print, but in the fine print, its not too clear, plus I was told more than one thing by CS.

and what's with N&W?

DID YOU ACTULLY GET A BILL??? (and not get charged roaming)
leaps19

Feb 27, 2004, 10:00 PM
N&W mins are a promo that you have in conjunction w/ your plan & all the $9.99 North American Calling feature does is allow you to use your phone, with the minutes you have ( including N&W mins ) in canada & other places as described online. I have been a CS rep here for 3 years & that's all the guarentee I can give you other than the fact that I see cust bills all day who have the feature & they are not charged anymore than the normal svs charge + the $9.99 feature charge. Hopefully this info helps you out though.
annetagonist

Feb 27, 2004, 11:46 PM
Is the North America Package a Rogers Wireless thing? I have never heard of it.
Mendel

Feb 28, 2004, 8:19 PM
annetagonist said:
Is the North America Package a Rogers Wireless thing? I have never heard of it.

no, its thru AT&T in the US
Mendel

Feb 28, 2004, 9:29 PM
leaps19 said:
N&W mins are a promo that you have in conjunction w/ your plan & all the $9.99 North American Calling feature does is allow you to use your phone, with the minutes you have ( including N&W mins ) in canada & other places as described online. I have been a CS rep here for 3 years & that's all the guarentee I can give you other than the fact that I see cust bills all day who have the feature & they are not charged anymore than the normal svs charge + the $9.99 feature charge. Hopefully this info helps you out though.

how about long distance? on the website the fine print makes it sound like its only free for one rate plans, please explain!

Thanks
MS
RoamDog

Feb 29, 2004, 3:37 PM
you're not charged LD as long as you call your home area from canada, so if you're on the one rate plan, your home area is all the 50 states.
on the national, your home area is not all the 50 states, just mostly the major cities.
so if you call the major cities in canada, you'll be fine, if you call from the major cities in canada you'll be fine.
Convergeeman

Mar 2, 2004, 5:53 PM
ok heres the skinny on that plan. opn the tdma service canada calling is a 19.99 plan called canada calling that is only availible on the digital one rate plan. but saves you the 1.24 a minute that would normally bve charged so if you talk for more that 24 minutes a month from canada this would work for you

😎
Mendel

Mar 2, 2004, 11:05 PM
Convergeeman said:
ok heres the skinny on that plan. opn the tdma service canada calling is a 19.99 plan called canada calling that is only availible on the digital one rate plan. but saves you the 1.24 a minute that would normally bve charged so if you talk for more that 24 minutes a month from canada this would work for you

😎

I can not stand when people answer questions they know nothing about, (click on the link and read it, then answer my question...)
http://www.attwireless.com/nap/ »
Convergeeman

Mar 3, 2004, 8:49 PM
if an att wireless internal employee knows nothing then i suggeast you stay off the website until you manage to get all the message read that i had posted. i was talking about the TDMA service NOT GSM. DI YOU READ THE FINE PRINT GENIUS
Mendel

Mar 4, 2004, 1:01 AM
Convergeeman said:
if an att wireless internal employee knows nothing then i suggeast you stay off the website until you manage to get all the message read that i had posted. i was talking about the TDMA service NOT GSM. DI YOU READ THE FINE PRINT GENIUS

AND I WAS ASKING ABOUT ADDING CANADA TO A GSM NATIONAL PLAN, GO BACK AND READ....
IIXxRaVeNxXII

Mar 4, 2004, 8:41 PM
Actually Mendel, I went through all of your posts, and not one mentions 'GSM'.....

You, my friend, are an idiot!

RaVeN
Convergeeman

Mar 4, 2004, 10:41 PM
thank you raven i was not going to mention that to mendel but i gues as well to just add some acid to the burn i also clearly mentiond what i knew and know of the tdma service
Mendel

Mar 5, 2004, 2:00 PM
YOU DID NOT WRITE YOU ONLY KNOW ABOUT TDMA SERVICE, YOU MADE IT SOUND LIKE THERE IS ONLY ONE CANADA PLAN WHICH IS ONLY AVAILIBLE ON TDMA DIGITAL ONE RATE.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WROTE;

"ok heres the skinny on that plan. opn the tdma service canada calling is a 19.99 plan called canada calling that is only availible on the digital one rate plan"

I AM SORRY FOR BEING SO HARSH, I JUST THOUGHT I MADE MYSLEF CLEAR, WHEN I WROTE "NORTH AMERICAN PACKAGE FOR 9.99"

btw this 9.99 plan is avalible for one rate also. (now only GSM or multi band, but it was avalible for TDMA too)
Mendel

Mar 5, 2004, 1:47 PM
IIXxRaVeNxXII said:
Actually Mendel, I went through all of your posts, and not one mentions 'GSM'.....

You, my friend, are an idiot!

RaVeN

well the "north american package" for "9.99" (which I was not asking if it exisits)
I was asking details (from someone who get a bill) so yes that means I have GSM

[I didnt need someone telling to me, details of canada calling for 19.99, when I was specificly asking about roaming etc.]

EVERY POST WAS TITLED "NORTH AMERICAN PACKAGE"
which is for gsm (and I was not asking basic info, but specificly about roaming in canada which is free, if long distance from canada is also free, b/c every CS person I talk tells me somthing else, and therefore, I was askin...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.