Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

AT&T "hero" fixture

Tomb1312

Jul 27, 2010, 12:34 PM
A new fixture was installed at many at&t stores this week. A manager had to be on duty during the install. The manager was sent to the back room during the entire install and the windows were covered with paper. It was refered to as the "hero fixture." The fixture is covered and locked so that no one can see it. It's about 6 ft tall and 3 ft wide. A release date has not been given. also the security system was turned off. this is not a joke. the fixture actually exists in several stores right now. The rumor portion of this is WHAT IS IT??? employees were told that there will be instant termination if there is foul play of any kind. Now it's rumored that some employees have already been terminated. I hope they read this a leak the hell out of...
(continues)
Amarantamin

Jul 27, 2010, 1:32 PM
There is no such box at my local AT&T. The employees have heard nothing about this being done at any of their stores. One manager thought the idea was funny, and said "Somebody on the internet has a crazy imagination!"

That's all the hard evidence I could get.
Tomb1312

Jul 27, 2010, 1:51 PM
The reports that i have come from the North East. It's possible that it's regional. I'm really not sure. It's also only in higher volume stores. I wonder if it's a Uverse or Wireline display. I hadn't thought about that before. LCDs on either side. Your Hard Evidence is weak. please do not reply again. You do not have insite to this matter.
justfinethanku

Jul 27, 2010, 4:00 PM
Hey, BigKippa, you go ahead and change your screen name or what?

We know what that "big thing in the back room"
ISN'T!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
This_Troper

Jul 27, 2010, 6:55 PM
Naming him gives him power!
Amarantamin

Jul 27, 2010, 7:49 PM
I did legitimate research at three actual AT&T stores to try to support your rumor. I could not. Don't get angry at me because your rumor holds no weight.
This_Troper

Jul 27, 2010, 9:16 PM
He said not to respond again!
Amarantamin

Jul 27, 2010, 9:31 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that when a rumor is disproved the disprover should step down and allow the believers their ignorant bliss.

Leaving now.
Tomb1312

Aug 3, 2010, 11:58 AM
The blackberry blog confirms it. you all need better contacts at better stores.
ecycled

Jul 27, 2010, 1:51 PM
pics?

Anyways, its probably nothing. They just knew some ppl that needed to get fired so they put this random thing up and those that looked, wham!, fired.
Tomb1312

Jul 27, 2010, 1:53 PM
AMAZING! I wouldn't put it past them.
ecycled

Jul 27, 2010, 2:19 PM
I'm not surprised, its tough to fire union workers gotta pull stunts like this. LOL

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.