Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

iPhone insurance from AT&T: *ONLY* $13.99/month!!!

KriisCDW

May 28, 2010, 5:55 PM
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/05/28/iphone_ins ... »

One of our AT&T ninjas just hit us up with some news that will excite those of you who have a chronic case of the dropsies and own an iPhone. AT&T will be launching a new insurance service starting June 6th, named MobileProtect, designed specifically for the Apple iPhone. The insurance plan, which will be run by Asurion, will carry a price tag of $13.99/month and will be available for purchase through Apple’s App Store. The charges will be billed to the credit card on file with Apple. The deductibles range from $99 for an 8GB 3G to $199 for a 32GB 3GS, which is pretty steep — but not quite as steep as $699 for a new 32 GB 3GS off-contract. You must enroll i
(continues)
ecycled

May 28, 2010, 6:00 PM
no one said iphone owners can do math, or won't pay anything apple asks
sinister

May 29, 2010, 8:46 AM
yup...watch the hot calls roll in for all of the individuals that had the iphone before the ins was released. 😁
ecycled

May 29, 2010, 5:43 PM
sinister said:
yup...watch the hot calls roll in for all of the individuals that had the iphone before the ins was released. 😁

lol
drabbit4u

May 29, 2010, 8:50 AM
If I read this correctly, it's not really from AT&T at all, right? It's through Assurion and AT&T won't be selling it through their website or call centers--only available through iPhone app store.
KriisCDW

May 29, 2010, 2:48 PM
It will be "from" AT&T on your monthly bill... Assurion is the insurance company tho.

The same company that does Verizon and Sprint insurances... Possibly others.

Just like if I get insurance thru work, and it shows up on my paycheck, I'm actually getting insurance from Blue Cross or what have you.
aux2

May 29, 2010, 4:05 PM
Actually you wont see it on your Att Bill, its going to be billed to your credit card directly.

You will have to go to the app store and purchase Mobile Protect app within 30 days of your purchase or upgrade, like stated above.

IDK if the websites up : mymobileprotect.com
KriisCDW

May 29, 2010, 7:20 PM
I stand corrected 🙂
ochne

May 29, 2010, 8:47 PM
Glad I won't have to deal with the "What do you mean I have to pay for a deductable? I'm already paying for the insurance!" calls. It's bad enough at 50 and 100.
crazybutlovable

May 30, 2010, 3:47 PM
Beginning June 6, 2010, eligible iPhone customers (those who have upgraded to or activated a new iPhone in the past 30 days) have a new option for complete protection from loss, theft, accidental and liquid damage, and out of warranty failure.

MobileProtect is available for customers to enroll within 30 days of upgrading to or activating a new iPhone by searching "MobileProtect" in the App Store. The monthly recurring charge of $13.99 per iPhone will be billed to the customer's credit card by Asurion.
aux2

May 30, 2010, 3:56 PM
hmmmmm did you copy paste that? 🤨
crazybutlovable

May 30, 2010, 4:29 PM
yes sir
aux2

May 30, 2010, 8:57 PM
where did you copy paste it from?

I was going to do that directly from att's mycsp page but thought i can get into legal problems if they find out.. 🤨

"AT&T Proprietary (Internal Use Only) Not for use or disclosure outside of AT&T companies except under written agreement"
Fredd

Jun 8, 2010, 1:04 PM
NOTE: The iPhone insurance is NOT from AT&T. It is provided only through the apple app store, cannot even be provisioned by AT&T. Assurion is the carrier, direct your anger at them or Apple.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.