Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

US CELL, VERIZON and ALLTEL HOOKING UP SOON

KnowItAll2

Apr 3, 2005, 1:43 PM
I bought a phone today from US CELLULAR and noticed they had some phones on their rebate form that they were not carrying in their stores. When I asked the sales person about it they said they had no idea they were even getting these phones. I am an avid viewer of phonescoop.com and recognized one of them as the new PTT phone for Verizon. After further research of each of the phones on the rebate form about 50% of the phones are Verizon or Alltel phones that US Cellular does not even have out. Much less, why would US Cellular be puting out a PTT phone when they do not have the capability? The answer is easy, hooking up with the other big hitters! Can not wait to see what happens by the end of this summer.
speedywalk

Apr 3, 2005, 2:19 PM
Ummm...some of the posts have said that USCC will be getting PTT over the summer. ALLTEL has just launced it, and so has Verizon. Now, there IS speculation that Verizon is looking to buy up more companies, but at the moment it is pure speculation. But the point is, USCC is launching PTT soon.

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
NeumZ

Apr 3, 2005, 4:37 PM
you are not smart...

this conclusion is silly by the idea of a rebate form? check the expiration date. i doubt they will merge and go through FCC regulation in a ew short months. the possible explaination is that there are phones being released in certain market, but not yours. Also, if phonescoop sez that phone a in sold be company b, doesnt mean that company c doesnt sell it.

Apr 4, 2005, 3:35 PM
Those phones on the rebate are phones soon to come out for USCC in the next few months. That's why they are on there. USCC is launching their own PTT service in the summer, that's the reason for the PTT Kyocera. Trust me, USCC is not for sale anytime in the near future. Believe it when everyone tells you! 🙂
justpeachy

Apr 4, 2005, 8:43 PM
Did you ever pause to think that maybe those phones are going to be released before the rebates expire? I guess not, OBVIOUSLY if a rebate form has different model on it that MUST mean USCC us being bought. 🤣
silvabullit

Apr 9, 2005, 3:46 PM
KnowItAll2 said:
I bought a phone today from US CELLULAR and noticed they had some phones on their rebate form that they were not carrying in their stores. When I asked the sales person about it they said they had no idea they were even getting these phones. I am an avid viewer of phonescoop.com and recognized one of them as the new PTT phone for Verizon. After further research of each of the phones on the rebate form about 50% of the phones are Verizon or Alltel phones that US Cellular does not even have out. Much less, why would US Cellular be puting out a PTT phone when they do not have the capability? The answer is easy, hooking up with the other big hitters! Can not wait to see what happens by the end of this su
(continues)
verizonmatt

Jun 9, 2005, 5:29 PM
When you seen that on the rebate box or whatever, its a phone supplied from a diffrent vendor and rebate processing centers are universal and used by many diffrent companies!! Don't trip out over what you seen even though it will come down to one natinal cdma carrier. Just not this soon!!!
colione112

Jul 17, 2005, 7:33 PM
If your seeing PTT phones coming out, look for PTT to be launched soon by that carrier.

Look at Cingular. They launched a couple PTT phone to see how they worked. Now that they are satisfied, PTT is scheduled to be launched sometime in SEPT with a ton of new phones being launched in august. Reviewing these phones, almost all of them have PTT capabilities. That's why Cingular hasn't launched alot of new phones recently because they were building up for the PTT launch.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.