Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Hawk Electronics sues ATT for $100m over iphone spat!

Happy Hour

Oct 6, 2009, 1:50 PM
http://www.fwbusinesspress.com/display.php?id=11116 »

This is awesome!! i have been waiting a long time for this!!!
way to go little guys! 😁 😁 😁 😁
meeshxsmith

Oct 6, 2009, 4:52 PM
Hawk Electronics sues AT&T for $100M over iPhone spat

BY JOHN-LAURENT TRONCHE
October 05, 2009

Fort Worth-based Hawk Electronics is suing AT&T Inc. for $100 million alleging the telecommunications giant would not allow the retailer to sell the Apple iPhone and other AT&T-exclusive products and services.

Teletouch Communications Inc., which owns the subsidiary Progressive Concepts Inc. (Hawk Electronics), issued a statement Sept. 30 outlining the lawsuit and accusing AT&T of “predatory business practices.”

“AT&T has been trying to deliver a one-two punch in an attempt to run us out of business for some time,” said T. A. “Kip” Hyde, Jr., PCI’s CEO, in a statement. Hyde alleges AT&T prevent...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Oct 8, 2009, 5:54 AM
They haven't responded to the lawsuit because its crap. No third party store (except Wal-Mart and Best Buy) can sell the iPhone in the US.
prizbilla_babykilla

Oct 9, 2009, 8:52 PM
AND it most likely isn't at&t that is refusing to allow the store to carry they iphone. apple is extremely particular in how their products are displayed and they make sure that the staff selling the product is trained in a certain way. i used to work for best buy, and before our particular store could carry apple computers and the iphone, we had to have a special display and managers had to be trained for it. they almost pulled the product from our store one time when they display was damaged from a hand truck.
thickjake

Oct 6, 2009, 9:26 PM
'Kip' is a tool and will loose.
AT&T does not control iphone distribution. Apple decides who sells their product. His exclusive dealer contract also outlines this and has provisions regarding what he can and cannot sell. It does not state anywhere that he can 'sell whatever AT&T sells'
good luck, friend
skibum

Oct 7, 2009, 6:48 PM
Did you work for this person? How do you know what his contract states?
dirtyhippo

Oct 8, 2009, 7:14 PM
🤣 I knw right!!
thickjake

Oct 9, 2009, 5:57 AM
Yes I have.
The Indirect contracts are standard and not tailored to individual agents or markets. The only part that varies by market is the Value Added Bonus and signage requirements.
skibum

Oct 12, 2009, 9:40 PM
but they do differ from Master dealer and Exclusive dealer.
ecycled

Oct 9, 2009, 9:23 AM
I hope Hawk wins. It will strike a point for the little guys, and by extension start helping indirects everywhere. How are you going to only be given rights to one carrier and then that carrier starts to c*ck block your business? ATT won't want to budge because hawk in TX is in the heart of ATT and that means they cut into the sweetest location that ATT could get to.
wirelessbox

Oct 9, 2009, 10:21 AM
There is no reason that an indirect should be allowed to sell EVERY SINGLE AT&T product/service, and not the handle the Iphone.
Apple is only hurting itself because there are indirect reps everywhere selling other smartphones to customers who come in for Iphones.

I hope Hawk gets $200 million.
ecycled

Oct 9, 2009, 10:43 AM
The reason an Indirect should be allowed to sell every single phone is because they represent the parent company. Its actually creating poor customer satisfaction and experience when we say "Got an Iphone? Got it somewhere else? Go F yourself, we don't support or know anything about it. Next in line please."

Yes, apple is not making as much as they could.

Having said that, could you imagine if every ATT outlet could sell the iphone?! ATT network would be toast. I think thats why it doesn't get released everywhere.
wirelessbox

Oct 9, 2009, 10:53 AM
It shouldn't matter. It is bullshit that indirects get treated as second rate when most provide the same if not better service than corp stores.
ecycled

Oct 9, 2009, 11:06 AM
wirelessbox said:
It shouldn't matter. It is bull**** that indirects get treated as second rate when most provide the same if not better service than corp stores.

Completly agree.
Happy Hour

Oct 10, 2009, 10:45 AM
I couldnt' agree more Wirelessbox , but i was told yesterday from the the owner of our indirect company, that 1st quarter of 2010 agents will be able to sell the iphone!!! yey!!!
skibum

Oct 12, 2009, 9:44 PM
My company gets the iPhone in the first week of November. NO JOKE!!! We are the only company authorized to sell the iPhone in the mountain time zone region. I cant wait until November!!!
chapster

Oct 13, 2009, 9:49 AM
what company do you work for?
skibum

Oct 14, 2009, 2:22 PM
Spring Mobile
GraGG

Oct 15, 2009, 9:36 PM
sounds hillbilly ish
skibum

Oct 16, 2009, 10:37 AM
What does?
maverick218

Oct 26, 2009, 4:18 PM
I've been told we will possibly have it sometime after the first of the year as long as metrics are being met.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.