Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Appearently Verizon is passing on the Pre. . .

Jayshmay

Sep 24, 2009, 4:30 PM
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 9:21 AM
How is it shocking that Verizon would pass on a phone they can't control?
Jayshmay

Sep 29, 2009, 9:36 AM
Yeah, good point. Theres a lot of things about the wireless industry that are messed up. Like why should I have to give my carrier -MY- IMEI #, I don't have to give the serial # of my HDTV to my cable provider! I use unlocked GSM phone for a lot of reasons, one of which is I don't feel MY phone needs to be on MY acct.

Anyway, yeah there's way, way too much control in the wireless industry.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 9:50 AM
The reason you don't have to give the serial number of your HDTV to your cable provider is because its not the device directly recieving the service its the cable box which they do have the serial number for.
Jayshmay

Sep 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
Oh, I getcha. I know this isn't the case with CDMA, but with GSM it's necessary for the carrier to have the sim card #, but it's NOT necessary for the carrier to have MY IMEI #.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 11:23 AM
No but here at AT&T if we have your sim card number our system will do a sweep and if you are using an AT&T branded phone it will automatically switch your IMEI and add the appropriate data plan.
tytheflyguy

Sep 29, 2009, 12:46 PM
I can't get to the link. What is it Verizon is passing on?
Jayshmay

Sep 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
Well according to the news article Verizon is passing on the Pre.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.