Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Iphone for Verizon customers?

dtwatford72

Jul 14, 2009, 3:19 PM
I'm hearing that the Iphone may be offered at Verizon. Has anyone else heard that?
pingpong

Jul 14, 2009, 4:21 PM
I've always thought Apple signed like a 5 year exclusivity agreement with ATT.
fer712

Jul 14, 2009, 5:22 PM
man this is old news we hear the same thing all the time wait time will tell...
sultrypickle

Jul 15, 2009, 12:50 PM
Exactly. This will only be a rumor until the moment they decide to announce it. Apple is very secretive about their products and such. AT&T wireless upper management didn't even know about the new iPhone until Apple announced it.
sckoisks17

Jul 15, 2009, 2:02 PM
Another "iPhone on (insert carrier other than AT&T)" question? You could set your watch to these. No, Verizon nor Sprint nor T-Mobile nor MetroPCS nor Cricket nor Boost is getting the iPhone anytime soon, and I'd imagine AT&T will give Apple the world to extend their exclusivity agreement with them if and when it does end.

Can we stop asking now?
dtwatford72

Jul 16, 2009, 1:04 PM
Just a question! No need to get annoyed. I was going to upgrade to the 3GS but didn't want to do it if a new provider was going to offer it because AT&T sucks! If Verizon does get it, AT&T will go under because everyone will leave their horrible service.
ibdribbles

Jul 16, 2009, 9:28 PM
Just came from a major mtg out on the west coast couple weeks ago...VERIZON WIRELESS will be carrying the iPhone at the end of the year. AT&T exclusive is a limited deal only and they have done nothing to improve the carrier quality of their signals and the numerous dropped calls and out of service locations. Verizon has a broader range now they have acquired ALLTEL...4G might be peachy to have if you're in 1 of 5 major cities...but 3G has the greatest reach - VERIZON again. Look for it this DEC.
AVANESS

Jul 17, 2009, 12:53 PM
I cannot even tell you how much I would pay to have the I phone with vzw. I hate att. I cannot hear a thing when im on the phone. I get no service at my house in the suburbs.
VZW611LA

Jul 18, 2009, 10:38 PM
It will be here. 4G ready and ALL! 😁
TheyCallMeTheFireman

Jul 19, 2009, 1:03 PM
No.
It will NOT be 4G.
Currently only Sprint has 4G service, and only in the Baltimore/Annapolis Maryland Area.
If you were to put a 4G card in a phone, you would get data ONLY in that network area.
If you were to put both a 4G and a 3G card in a phone, you would have less then 2 hours of battery life.
So no.
The ATT/Apple exclusivity agreement is slated to end in June of 2010.
ATT may or may not have the OPTION to renew, for an outrageous cost.
Verizon and Sprint have both made bids on the preliminary contract. Nothing has been decided yet.
Dont showcase something as fact until you have evidence, which can only be obtained from ACTUAL SOURCES.
Do your own damn research.
Debo

Jul 20, 2009, 2:43 PM
I'm not saying it WILL happen, but there is a chance it could go to Verizon.
The agreement between Apple and ATT ends next year, right. Also around the same time Verizon will turn on their LTE 4G network. ATT will turn their LTE network on in 2011, so either way the next iPhone will likely be LTE and GSM or CDMA.
T-Monster

Jul 20, 2009, 4:32 PM
ipone is whack anyways... it should stay with at&t it would just ruin the greatness that is verizons network!
Demello76

Jul 29, 2009, 9:37 AM
Apple is developing a 4g Iphone. If they stay on ATT after both Vzw and Att turns the switch on is the big question. Vzw has the largest consumer base since aquiring Alltel, that would be a major buisness move. Millions of dollars could be made...Apple knows that.I dont think Att is going to spend that much money just to keep it exclusive. The problem is getting the corp babys from Apple and Vzw to play nice with each other. I believe I read either Fcc or Congress is teetering with major comeptitors exclusive rights deals...allowing smaller competitors to get high end phones sooner. So if Vzw doesnt get..some one will.
Happy Hour

Aug 20, 2009, 2:49 PM
i agree wit T-monster iphone is wack! i have used it ,i have owned it ,i have sold it and it sucks! 😉
TP2user

Sep 3, 2009, 6:29 PM
Ditto on that!! I have had that handset and I currently have the HTC G1 which I think is a way better phone!
tytheflyguy

Sep 29, 2009, 2:01 PM
Okay Here we go again. I guess the rumors are flying and i have to set some people straight. Verizon will receive the IPhone: period, end of discussion. It is coming in December or the beginning of the year. Verizon will also launch its new 4G network in 2010 called LTE. Watch for it: the IPhone on Verizon's 4G network. Can you say "Greatest Phone" since the invention of it?
Gadget Junky

Jul 17, 2009, 5:03 PM
Pics/video/audio, or it didn't happen. 🙄
toaster oven

Jul 27, 2009, 3:15 AM
People that blame dropped calls on at&t and not apple make me laugh. Do you seriously think a company of nearly 80 million people could grow to that size if one out of every five calls dropped on all their phones? No way! I have a curve 8310 and I rarely drop calls, my wife has an iphone 3g and she drops even fewer calls.
bmulvehill

Jul 27, 2009, 9:50 PM
my friend that works for verizon said 2010 is when we verizon folks will get the iphone
ecycled

Aug 20, 2009, 5:23 PM
courtesy of CNET, this is not a free fix.

Buy and Iphone turn on wi-fi. Buy a verizon mifi spot $100. Hook up use internet and skype to call. Be aware 5GB limit per month for $60.

or, the better way

Buy the IPOD touch! turn on wifi (no monthly charge). Buy a verizon mifi spot $100. Hook up use internet and skype to call. Be aware 5GB limit per month for $60.
Cellinovation

Aug 21, 2009, 12:11 PM
Oddly enough I am unable to locate anywhere withing the TOS that prohibits VOIP usage over the network.
Azeron

Sep 6, 2009, 12:22 PM
Why would they prohibit VoIP? With a 5GB cap they no longer care. If you exceed the 5GB then you pay $.05 per MB in overage.
gsmallover

Sep 14, 2009, 3:26 PM
I am not marketing for myself but I sell phones and own a website. Suppliers i've had for a long time that work at Verizon say Verizon will buy the iphone in 2010.

That is not a fact, just something i've heard many times from people that work in VW. Sprint from what I heard won't be a contender for it as they barely got the Pre. And t-mobile isn't interested.

I heard it will be a cdma phone but will have a gsm slot for sim cards so you can unlock it for at&t/t-mobile, which whatever because it already comes in a gsm phone.

again just things i've heard. i hope vw gets it at&t service is horrible where I live

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.