Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I have seriously had it up to here with iphone!!!ahh

Happy Hour

Jun 16, 2009, 1:07 PM
ok i know this isn't much of a rumor, i just need to vent, i am an ATT authorized dealer in Oklahoma , and our stores are unable to carry the iphone!!! It is so unfair and stupid! our stores loose soo much business every single day that it's depressing! If anyone on here is an autorized dealer i know you feel my pain! lol but for real its so unfair..... sooooo anyone think apple will allow dealers to sale their stupid product!! ha ha (BLACKBERRY LOVER FOR EVER!!!))

thank you have a good day 👿 👿 👿
AVANESS

Jun 16, 2009, 4:29 PM
That is highly unlikely. Whoever has the money makes the rules. It would be really bad for apple anyway to let dealers carry the Iphone. First, you would have customer service issues that would make you crazy, second, dealers are not trusted by anyone. I'm one too. we are like a sickness.
Happy Hour

Jun 17, 2009, 10:23 AM
oh i know! i wish iphone would go away forever!🙂
Maarek

Jun 17, 2009, 12:44 PM
everyone where I work wish they never got the iPhone. They thought it was cool at first, but realize had limited it is and how many problems they have with the phone compared to their old Blackberrys.
sultrypickle

Jul 13, 2009, 8:15 AM
I can understand your frustration to an extent. I work for the online Sales department and we are only allowed to sell one iPhone online. I get people coming on all day lone who want 2 or more phones. Have you ever tried to convince someone to buy one iPhone online with you and then purchase the second phone at the store? It isn't easy. Especially since they are the same price. We used to have the great deals for the refurbished phones available but since the new iPhone was released the 8GB iPhone is $99.00...everyone figures why not pay the extra 20 bux to get new.
Menno

Jul 14, 2009, 6:53 PM
Perhaps ATT, Verizon, etc. should be a bit more discerning who they allow to sell their service then instead of letting everyone sell it, and then dealing with the headaches later.
TmobileEmp

Jul 13, 2009, 10:54 AM
I got no simpathy for indirect dealers. I work at a Corp T-Mobile store and we deal with some many mad people who went to Mobile 1 and Walmart our authorized dealers. They seem to screw things up way more than fix. Not sure if you guys actually try but any employee at a Mobile 1 store does not care about helping anyone. I went into one a while back and didt even get greeted when I was there for over 5 minutes. They guy was too busy looking at his facebook on his phone than to ask if I needed help. Not directed towards AT&T dealers cause hopfully you guys care about your job.
Menno

Jul 14, 2009, 6:57 PM
Walmart is not a dealer, they are order takers. You can't blaime them for poor customer service because they are just making wage, no commission (even though they do cause a lot of headaches)

Don't know about mobile1, but I can tell you as a verizon indirect, I don't make that much at all if I don't sell, and when something goes wrong (even if the customer is the one who does it) it can still come from my commission, so I want to be sure they know what they are getting into.

Corp. should be a bit tougher on who they allow to sell their product instead of just going for pure volume.
TmobileEmp

Jul 15, 2009, 4:24 PM
Well its not just T-Mobile, its all the carriers. How Walmart and Sams Club have most of the carriers there. Same with Best Buy.

I can blame them for poor cust care. Its called a job. Well I kind of take that back. Best Buy usually has good help. Walmart in general just plain sucks. So yea I cant blame there "wireless" people to do anything right.
Menno

Jul 15, 2009, 5:55 PM
They don't really have wireless people though. The have people that work in the tech department and punch numbers.

Our biggest thing with them right now are customers who get a blackberry there and are told they can take the data off after a few months (if they go into a store) since that is how it is with ATT. These customers are very angry when they find out that you need data on verizon blackberries, and somehow it is always our fault and never Walmart's.
Lanae

Jul 14, 2009, 8:32 PM
Funny thing about your Question Happy Hour, They were indeed considering letting Authorized Dealers sell the iphone until a specific incident happened:
Fact...An Apple Rep went into one Authorized Dealer not too long back and asked about the IPhone, its functionality, and if they should get THAT phone over a Blackberry...
Of course the Sales Rep went on and on about how bad the iphone sucked and they should totally get the Blackberry, which the Apple Rep took this information straight to the top of that authorized dealer chain and complained about the situation.
So Long story Short, all sales reps under that chain are not allowed to trash the iPhone any longer, and most likely because of that situation Apple will not Negotiate with them ...
(continues)
GraGG

Jul 15, 2009, 4:26 PM
carries the iphone out here, its the only indirects that carry it from what i know

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.