Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

A new Phone Launching like the MPX 220

the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 5:31 PM
OK I saw this phone either on this site or maybe in this monthly magazine I think called RCR or something like that and well the phone was by a new carrier that was supposed to hit the market sometime late 2005 or early 2006. The phone was exactly like the Motorola MPX 220 but it has what I wish the MPX 220 had now which was Wi-Fi and Edge technology. That is the only difference and that is huge to me because that is one of the main reasons I bought the MPX 220 because u could browse any webpage and also the MP3 player and I have found other goodies on it like making my own ringtones from the MP3 player and watching full legnth movies on it too. Well thats besides the point so can anyone help me out thank you

Devin
Rich Brome

Mar 9, 2005, 8:05 PM
There's no new carrier involved (that I know of), but I think this is what you saw:

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/3gsm_2005/index. ... »
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 8:42 PM
Hey thanks that Is the phone I was looking at, umm so Kineto? Is that just strictly in China then or is it coming here, I didn't really decipher when it was going to be available. Thank you for your help

Devin
Rich Brome

Mar 9, 2005, 10:45 PM
Kineto is just the company that makes the UMA technology inside. That logo won't be on the final phone sold by carriers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.