Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 10 replies

What is this Blackberry Thunder im hearing?

CAS8586

Mar 27, 2009, 8:26 PM
Getting this emails from my Verizon reps saying there is another blackberry touch screen coming out? or maybe its BS.
purplelotus

Mar 27, 2009, 9:11 PM
... I thought that was released in Nov 08 🤨
haternation

Apr 13, 2009, 10:16 AM
...that they are releasing a touchscreen slider. 🤤
GTAexpert

Apr 13, 2009, 3:12 PM
Blackberry is going to release a touchscreen slider, but not any time soon. They are too busy putting out CDMA versions of the Bold and the new Curve and GSM versions of the Storm. Many forum posts in here show their product roadmap for the year and it is not included. Hope this helps!
Menno

Apr 17, 2009, 6:49 PM
In my experience, sliders cause nothing but issues .. I haven't seen one yet that seems to hold up as well as it should.

But if someone can make it work, I'm willing to put my money on BB
dalarpguy

May 24, 2009, 1:13 PM
HTC does a good job with sliders. My experience is smartphone sliders tend to be good, because the companies are able to put more money into them to make them both practical and functional. Non smart phone sliders tend to be there for the "style factor" and because of this, companies don't put much money into making them durable, or even work right. But, this is just my observation...
Marckoe

May 26, 2009, 9:30 AM
:/ which htc phone has a good slider? i handle all sorts of phones and really havnt found any sliders i like either.
SprintBGN

May 26, 2009, 9:33 AM
Mogul and Touch Pro come to mind
Marckoe

May 26, 2009, 9:43 AM
i havent dealt with the touch pro and the only moguls ive come across were older and a little beat up so abuse would explain why the slide mechanism would be iffy:/ guess its just been dumb luck then
SprintBGN

May 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
My TP takes a licking and keeps on ticking
Marckoe

May 26, 2009, 12:28 PM
yeah htc is good about making thier phones solid. i found one of the origional touchs from htc the other day, guy wanted the whole shebang for it, pouche, case, chargers for home and car a screen protector, etc. said he boutght it from a tmobile worker who had bought it when they first came out.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.