Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

No Commitment on iPhone

hotiphonetip

Feb 23, 2009, 8:37 AM
Later in March, AT&T will be announcing that the iPhone is available to anyone, upgrade eligible or not, at the full retail price of $499 or $599 with NO CONTRACT. Hence, no ETF. Yes, that's right. NO... CONTRACT. Stay tuned, kiddies.
JLYNNE

Mar 10, 2009, 2:01 PM
Why on earth would they want to do that?
The point of them having an exclusive on the iPhone was so they could rope people into a two year contract with them, gaining the guaranteed $30 feature and minimum $40 voice plan.

I mean, for the consumer it would be awesome, but it would be a stupid business move for AT&T considering hoards of people would be buying the product to unlock and put on T-Mo or to sell to the overseas market. Apple would be the only business to benefit if they offered it no contract.
Hayate392

Mar 11, 2009, 12:29 PM
overpriced phone....
TmobileEmp

Mar 11, 2009, 3:18 PM
I have to agree with that even tho i use one lol
GraGG

Mar 11, 2009, 8:03 PM
i believe there would still be a contract on the data plan tho
liquidfire

Mar 13, 2009, 6:30 PM
how so? do you think they are bold enough to tell ppl that they can only add data to their plan if they do so with a contract? then say, o no you cant activate that phone without data.

although....it would make sense. sell the phone at a higher price without a contract. then if you want service, you have to get a contract. sneaky sneaky....sounds more like something big red would pull

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.