Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Sprint's Layoff's and my 2 cents before the wolves attack

BigKippa

Jan 26, 2009, 1:04 PM
Although it sucks for those employee's, it's necessary in today's economy, and to maintain cheaper rates than both AT&T and Verizon. Yet Sprint still has a higher rated Network for data AND call quality than both AT&T and Verizon, check all of the independent study's. Right now they also have a higher Customer Service rating than both company's, AT&T's customer service is a joke and Verizon is as poorly rated as Sprint was. Dan Hesse has to do damage control for the old CEO's mistakes, and this was just necessary.

Business is business, and the company is doing what is has to do to survive. Considering the praise that Sprint has recently gotten for it's network strength and quality, it's customer service, and it's value, I can't see ...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Jan 26, 2009, 1:19 PM
I will agree with you that it sucks that those people lost their jobs. But for the longest time sprint has had horrible customer service and now they are paying for it. Sure they have fast data and call quality(in certain areas). But for most customers that is not enough. They want to be treated like they matter to the company and that the person on the other end of the phone gives a damn. There is a reason why they lost so many customer last year.

I think that getting rid of 8000 employees is not the solution to staying in business. All that does is make their customer service tank even more because thats 8000 less people to help customers. We will have to wait and see if sprint can pull out of this nose dive or crash and burn.
BigKippa

Jan 26, 2009, 1:32 PM
Well considering that they have recently received praise for having great customer service I don't see that as a valid point. If it weren't for T-mobile being a gsm carrier I would probably go with them, they have great customer service, low prices, and great phones. But I have had Verizon and Sprint now and see the quality in CDMA in call clarity and data speeds.

Honestly Sprint may never completely recover from their bad reputation, but the quality of their product and services for wireless are evident. It will definitely be an uphill battle, and all of the credit in the world will go to Dan Hesse and those employee's who can adapt and here to his businees model. If it does survive it will be an amazing turn around and a huge test...
(continues)
Dnbstyle

Jan 26, 2009, 9:14 PM
Heck, by that time there will be something bigger, better, and badder than the iphone coming out
ajlineman

Jan 26, 2009, 10:24 PM
You're right. It's called the Palm Pre
And it's already with Sprint.
jrfdsf

Jan 27, 2009, 11:42 AM
Tmo Slave said:
...I think that getting rid of 8000 employees is not the solution to staying in business. All that does is make their customer service tank even more because thats 8000 less people to help customers. We will have to wait and see if sprint can pull out of this nose dive or crash and burn.

Cutting those jobs ISN'T Sprint's solution for staying in business, it's merely a survival mechanism until the solutions they do have can be fully implemented and work.

Unfortunately, in the real world, 8000 jobs lost beats the heck out of an entire company going belly up and EVERYONE who works there losing a job.
llama

Jan 26, 2009, 1:19 PM
At what point do you deviate from the company line? When your position is eliminated?
BigKippa

Jan 26, 2009, 2:05 PM
Love the picture by the way. I recognize that my position my be eliminated someday, there is no certainty to which jobs will be phased out. I can assure you that I will not take it personally, and being in the same position as Dan Hesse I think anyone would be doing the same thing. I own a business myself, and have recently had to let some people go, it is not pleasant and was on a MUCH smaller scale obviously. He should be glad that he does not have to do any of this face to face with anyone, which I have found is much harder than issuing an email. I will survive fine if I do lose my position, much better than others in the company, all I am saying is that I understand the decision, and will not take it personally.
Midnight Toker

Jan 26, 2009, 4:07 PM
Holy Cow! Llama looks like a younger Ron Jeremy with glasses. 🤣
mellowlen62

Jan 27, 2009, 6:30 PM
Could you cite your "independent studies" please? I'd like to read up on this...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.