all discussions

show all 14 replies

Palm Pre

jscoop

Jan 9, 2009, 5:10 PM
any insider info on this new release with sprint
mellowlen62

Jan 9, 2009, 9:58 PM
why isn't anyone talking about this on here? it's been all over the net and it looks phenomenal....
jscoop

Jan 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
i know exactly this phone is gonna kill it..
lxav06

Jan 12, 2009, 1:33 PM
looking forawrd to seeing it, but i may switch carriers. so it won't benefit me unless i stay with sprint.
ajlineman

Jan 12, 2009, 3:45 PM
It seems impressive to me. One of those phones that I don't think I could possibly use every function if I tried. Like the 3 mp camera, and if palm can live up to its claims about the internet OS I think we'll be witnessing a revolutionary release.

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=24 ... »
yourpowellben

Jan 12, 2009, 4:55 PM
Anyone have any idea when this phone will be released I want to be one of the first in line to get it... 🙂
ajlineman

Jan 12, 2009, 9:50 PM
Its going to be soon. Palm said it would be early in 2009 and they're pretty good about reaching expected release dates. I'd say definatly by mid-march, judging by what I've read.
ElTriste

Jan 12, 2009, 11:06 PM
My sprint rep said that they're launching late jan, early feb, according to his sources inside palm.. 😎
ajlineman

Jan 12, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sources inside Palm? Yah, not to be rude but that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard, your sprint rep is pulling your leg.
When palm wants to release something they make sure no one knows about it until they tell someone. If they don't give out a release date, there is no notion of when a release date is. They have entire departments of people who's job is to remove leaked information from their forums and other such customer based communication.
Sorry to disapoint you but all we know is its being released in the 1st quarter, and thats all we're going to know until Palm wants us to.
Your more likely to get a release date out of Blizzard... haahaaa

God I'm a nerd :S
ElTriste

Jan 20, 2009, 7:53 PM
Hey man, I was just saying what I was told. I'm about 40 minutes from sunnyvale, and I've met with palm execs at centro trainings and such here in stockton. It seems more likely that someone in close proximity to palms central hub would be able to secure information then someone across the country. Honestly, I think REALISTICALLY somewhere around mid feb, but the day I saw the press release, I called him. There's a reason they call this the RUMOR mill... 🙄
ajlineman

Jan 20, 2009, 10:27 PM
I agree that it would be more then likely true there then anywhere, still hard to believe they'd let that info leak out, especially from execs.
I keep hearing not till June which contradicts everything else we've been hearing so its really hard to tell.
Sprint Noobie

Jan 13, 2009, 11:13 AM
The release date begins...its all about the he said she said bulll....lol. any one else wants to take a guess. wait wait its my turn. I heard this from a represantive near close by a store that knows another dude that works in palm and he said its gonna be out in may. haha u guys are to funny...hahhahahahaha
wade496

Jan 16, 2009, 1:45 PM
is before April. Has to be out by the third quarter. Sprint ends offers on all phones 2-14 then new prices will go up. Wait til then for a more definitive answer.
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 5:40 PM
Is this phone going to be windows based?
ajlineman

Jan 21, 2009, 9:22 PM
Are you kidding?
No, it won't
In fact its the launch phone of Palm's new web based OS, making it one of the most revolutionary releases of all time.
Rich and Eric have a whole review about it from CES 2009.

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=24 ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.