Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Blackberry Storm

JPORT247

Dec 28, 2008, 5:13 PM
I'm thinking about getting the new Blackberry Storm, but when I went to the Verizon store yesterday, the salesn told me that Verizon had had as many returns as they've had sales!
Has anyone else heard this? Is the Storm really that bad or are people just not used to it, and giving up??
I'm a T-Mobile for 8 years now, but want the 3G which is not available in my area. Verizon seems to have the best 3G coverage. AT&T may be where I go if the Storm is as bad as the saleman said.
Thanks
Tmo Slave

Dec 28, 2008, 7:08 PM
I've read on several sites that its over 50% return rate. I do know they had issues with freezing, sluggish and software crashes.
JPORT247

Dec 28, 2008, 9:59 PM
Well damn!
Guess I'll have to take another look at the iphone again.
wlcme2breaktown

Jan 6, 2009, 5:26 PM
storm has all new software updates

The iphone had far many more returns and even more PROBLEMS in the beginning as well.. however the storms have been fixed where as the iphone still sucks..

Also - it's a BLACKBERRY. A lot of people just aren't intelligant enough to use such an amazingly complex device. Simple as that. People that JUST want a phone.. need to get just that, a PHONE.. not a Blackberry.
willv

Dec 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
who ever told u as many sales as returns is bs. i have sold 10 or 15 at least and havent had a single return, though not to say others havent had returns.

problem is, the phone take a brain to use, and has a big learning curve, even for bb users.

anyone who returned it must of had it for a day or less, couldnt figure it out, and canned it. i was gonna get the omnia till i felt how bad the screen was, and honestly the only thing i miss with the storm is wifi, and panoramic pics, and missin some apps that havent been made yet. however, i love my storm.

once u get past the learning curve the phone is wonderful
OfAMightDivine

Dec 29, 2008, 12:35 PM
The last release a week ago took 2 hours to update the phone. That should tell you something.

There's also another release going to be given soon, according to rumor.

So... a phone that's been out for a month now, and already needs 3 major software updates... what's that tell you?
haneymank

Dec 29, 2008, 3:51 PM
Yeah, 50% return rate isn't bueno.

My buddy who works at VZW says he doesn't like selling them because of the issues and whatnot.
willv

Dec 29, 2008, 4:20 PM
it tells me that they are workin to make it better.

how long did it take to update the iphone? exactly.

and 50% return, if you believe that, then i got a bridge in brooklyn for sale real cheap.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 29, 2008, 5:48 PM
You are selling the Brooklyn Bridge? How much you asking? I got $6 and a ball of lint...
OfAMightDivine

Dec 30, 2008, 12:20 AM
I like the Storm, but they rushed it out WAY too fast. If they really wanted to make a nice, solid phone, it needs to really be tested out and the bugs fixed before it gets released.

If the rumor is true of a GSM version, I just hope they take the steps to work out the kinks.
bigturboweenie

Jan 11, 2009, 3:16 AM
2 hours huh?

that's bologna. it does not take that long to upgrade a blackberry storm to the latest software if you do it via usb from the device manager.
filerx

Dec 29, 2008, 10:11 PM
I'd steer clear of RIM's Blackberry Storm until the touch screen bugs and glitches are resolved. Personally, I'd steer clear of any handset device at the initial launch by a handset manufacturer venturing into uncharted waters as RIM did with their first touch screen Blackberry.
jpage16

Jan 10, 2009, 10:29 AM
i work for verizon, had the storm myself for 2 weeks, then returned it. Does not live up to all of the hype. very slow. froze up. very heavy. had to update the software 3 times in 10 days. sure-press system is junk!just another blackberry if you ask me.
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 6:39 PM
I think Blackberry's are great! Best phones I've ever had.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.