Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 10 replies

T-Mobile G2

Maarek

Dec 21, 2008, 5:53 PM
We are going first see the phone on January 26th 2009. I'm guessing T-Mobile and HTC don't want to be left behind with their G1 phone while Motorola and Samsung release their new Android phones during Q2 of 2009.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10127736-94.html?ta ... »
Tmo Slave

Dec 22, 2008, 11:11 AM
I highly doubt this been seeing a lot of rumors flying around. From what I've heard it won't be out till April or later. Which makes sense there is no reason to release a new phone in Jan. because the G1 just came out.

This reminds me a lot of when some random blog(like the one that first leaked the story) posted that the G1 sold 1.3 million presales. When infact it was a lot less.
haneymank

Dec 27, 2008, 11:50 AM
Also, there are many retailers who said they won't get their FIRST shipments until mid January.

It seems rather hasty to push another one out so quick. They should just make the android for Sprint already.
Tmo Slave

Dec 27, 2008, 9:26 PM
Sprint has already said that android is not good enough for them. 🙄
haneymank

Dec 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yes that is what Dan said, however, he said that Sprint is not ready YET. I am pretty sure that an Android phone is going to try and be pushed by Summer of 2009. Here is two links:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/11/sprint-keeping-a- ... »

And the one about the possible phone in June:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/19/samsungs-android- ... »
jscoop

Dec 28, 2008, 3:47 PM
just like the iphone then iphone 3g i think this will run just like that 6 to 8 months they come out with a better version of it
filerx

Dec 29, 2008, 4:39 PM
I pray the G2 doesn't share the same fate as the HTC Dream's initial battery life seeing how dismal it was.
Rich Brome

Dec 30, 2008, 12:13 PM
I don't understand why everyone is just assuming this will replace the G1. The rumor is that it will not have a hardware keyboard. If that's the case, then it sounds like an expansion of the lineup meant to compliment the G1, not a replacement.

I wouldn't be a surprised to see a G1, G2, and G3 all on shelves by June, sold side-by-side as a lineup of three different Android phones.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 30, 2008, 1:18 PM
I have to agree with you on this. Looking at it with a business model mindset, it makes much more sense for them to do this then to come out with a "replacement". I bet you will see this:

G1: As is, direct HTC rival (I know, I know, HTC makes the G1)
G2: 100% touch, direct iPhone Rival.
G3: HTC s620 form, direct BB rival.
Tmo Slave

Dec 31, 2008, 1:27 PM
Rumor is that the G2 will be the Touch HD (or some form of it) and thats why HTC is not releasing it in the US.

The only thing is if they were going to release the G2 and G3 to compliment each other they shouldn't call them G2 and G3 because people will think they are better, not just a different option. They should call them something like the G1 touch or something like that.
Rich Brome

Dec 31, 2008, 1:41 PM
The only thing is if they were going to release the G2 and G3 to compliment each other they shouldn't call them G2 and G3 because people will think they are better, not just a different option.

I agree completely. Consumers have been trained to associated "G" with "generation", as in G3 and 3G. Having something named that way and not be a generation/replacement would be extremely confusing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.