Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Blackberry Slider for Sprint in 2009

BigKippa

Nov 21, 2008, 4:19 PM
So I have from a very reliable source that Sprint has exclusive rights to a Blackberry sometime in '09 that will have the same OS as the Storm, 3.2 megapixel camera, SIM card for World Phone capability, and still on the fence but very possibly including Q-Chat. It will have touchscreen interface identical to the Storm but with a full slide-out keyboard. Picture the Mogul's keyboard on a Storm and this is what is planned. Personally I think this is a much more desirable phone for true business users, I think Sprint did well with the iNstinct but have been lacking a phone that will truly set them apart. Whether it remains exclusive or if they will have the same agreement with RIM that Verizon has with the Storm (sales quota) remains to be ...
(continues)
IamTheGodfather

Nov 29, 2008, 8:36 AM
and since I have been known here to have the BEST source for BB info due to my great relationship with a BB dev, I can firmly and without hesitation state that this is NOT true, not even a little bit. Sorry, but BB detests Sprint/Nextel due to their loss of consumers by the boat loads quarter after quarter.
ralph_on_me

Dec 2, 2008, 11:05 AM
IamTheGodfather said:
and since I have been known here to have the BEST source for BB info due to my great relationship with a BB dev,..

Is this why you got the pricing of the new Blackberry Storm so completely wrong that it ended up being twice what you claimed it would be, or is that because of your source of info in Verizon?
IamTheGodfather

Dec 5, 2008, 10:07 AM
ralph_on_me said:
IamTheGodfather said:
and since I have been known here to have the BEST source for BB info due to my great relationship with a BB dev,..

Is this why you got the pricing of the new Blackberry Storm so completely wrong that it ended up being twice what you claimed it would be, or is that because of your source of info in Verizon?

I stated 199, how is that double the 199 it is right now. And YOU flamed me for saying we were getting 9 gigs of total memory for the BB, and look who is pointing the finger at who now?

Dont hate because I have reliable sources and get my facts straight. Go try and unlock my storm slick, message me how that works out for ya LM...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Dec 5, 2008, 2:35 PM
IamTheGodfather said:
I stated 199, how is that double the 199 it is right now. And YOU flamed me for saying we were getting 9 gigs of total memory for the BB, and look who is pointing the finger at who now?

Dont hate because I have reliable sources and get my facts straight. Go try and unlock my storm slick, message me how that works out for ya LMAO!!

You're really off in your recollections. Do you have short term memory loss?

I never commented on your 9 gigs statement, even though you were misleading people into believing it was 9 gigs of on-board memory as opposed to 1 gig of on-board memory with a free 8 gig MicroSD card.

https://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&f ... »

Rig...
(continues)
IamTheGodfather

Dec 5, 2008, 10:27 PM
I said AS LOW AS 99 bucks, which was not a lie , since many many people cashed in their ne2 credit, got $100 off the phone and after rebate, came to 99 bucks. And when i said you got 9 gigs with the phone , how is that decieving?

There is no truth to this fabrication and there is no use in arguing.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Dec 5, 2008, 11:26 PM
I'm going to agree with Godfather. Existing Verizon customers with a $100 NE2 credit got it for $99 after rebate, and the phone "comes with" 9 GB of memory, just as he stated, although 8GB of it is external and not really built-in, I think the facts were spot on.

I also know someone at RIM, and he says that RIM as a whole doesn't really like the idea of giving Sprint exclusive devices. The reason behind this is their atrocious customer service record. They don't want people thinking "BlackBerry = Awful", just because of a negative Sprint experience.
BigKippa

Dec 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
Well considering that Sprint was just recognized as being #1 in customer service, and #1 in call quality in the Southwest, as well as in the top spots in most of the country (JD Power), I think it goes to say that the fears that RIM may have had could have been alleviated, and could prove to be a new relationship in 2009.

Never said it was for sure, it was just a rumor that i heard, this is Rumor Mill isn't it? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, and just because people don't have first hand knowledge on it, doesn't mean that that it's not happening. Last time i checked "experts" on Phone Scoop weren't the "end all be all" on phone releases. Is it possible that they did not consult phone scoop users when deciding what ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Dec 6, 2008, 5:12 PM
IamTheGodfather said:
I said AS LOW AS 99 bucks, which was not a lie , since many many people cashed in their ne2 credit, got $100 off the phone and after rebate, came to 99 bucks.

IamTheGodfather said:
VZW has the hottest touch screen smartphone ever, with the worlds most popular smartphone brand, and it is more robust in features out the box with 9 gigs of total memory offered and global sim card pre-installed, twice the camera the i phone offers with full video/pix messaging support, more accurate touch screen with surepress features that WOWs everyone, and VZW is practically giving the thing away at a supposed $99 price tag....

IamTheGodfather said:
(continues)
IamTheGodfather

Dec 7, 2008, 9:30 AM
yeah ur right, I should have been clearer with my pricing, a month ahead of time. I should have stated eligible customers could have gotten it for 100 bucks. My bad.

But everything I stated was pretty much right on, and the pricing was not that far off for a lot of customers. I did state "rumor has it" several posts, so I did sort f ackowledge that even I did not have the pricing down yet.

And thanks for the back up kickmeoff, I guess RIM really is on the same page no matter what rep you deal with.
ajlineman

Dec 1, 2008, 5:01 PM
A similar idea has been brough up but its not a BB, there is a MOTO in the works for ALLTEL called the QA30. Its basically what you described... possibly a mix up?
//Ajlineman
BigKippa

Dec 9, 2008, 5:47 PM
Well considering that Sprint was just recognized as being #1 in customer service, and #1 in call quality in the Southwest, as well as in the top spots in most of the country (JD Power), I think it goes to say that the fears that RIM may have had could have been alleviated, and could prove to be a new relationship in 2009.

Never said it was for sure, it was just a rumor that i heard, this is Rumor Mill isn't it? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, and just because people don't have first hand knowledge on it, doesn't mean that that it's not happening. Last time i checked "experts" on Phone Scoop weren't the "end all be all" on phone releases. Is it possible that they did not consult phone scoop users when deciding what the...
(continues)
SPRINTPDAGUY

Dec 12, 2008, 1:14 AM
🤣
Turbo187

Dec 12, 2008, 3:14 PM
Consumer reports
lady- capricorn

Dec 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
i've been doing a lot of googling and i've read that RIM was creating a blackberry with a touchscreen and slide out keyboard. they also showed what it would look like. also, i read and seen a picture of a blackberry bold with touchsceen. it looks like the storm but with the same bold keyboard. but, idk how true all this is. i did talk to a sprint rep a month ago and he told me the difference in the curve and bold is that it had a touchscreen so maybe he was telling me that sprint was having a bold with more flavor. but i'll believe it when i see it.
ajlineman

Dec 18, 2008, 3:38 PM
Bold with flavor? Have you not seen the specs for these things yet?
lady- capricorn

Dec 19, 2008, 1:55 PM
for show! 😁 they would't say much as far as the specs goes. I know a lot of people is in to the whole wi fi thing and they didn't even mension that. They just talked about what ideas Rim was coming up with. It was said that a canadian manufacturer already was in works with creating the phone. Idk, mayb we'll see when the time comes. They both looked pretty cool though. They did say it would have a lot of bang though. I just hope one of these devices hit sprint!
lady- capricorn

Dec 31, 2008, 1:56 PM
Hello, I just heard from a sprint rep Monday that sprint is suppose to have a storm coming out in January. the rep told me the only thing she knows of right now is the touchscreen and they said it looked really nice. She said they don't have pics or any specs on it yet but in the January news letter it will say more about it. If I find out more detail I will let you know. It really would be nice if it was a slider as well as touchscreen. It would be the first for bb and would set sprint a part from the others as well.
SPRINTPDAGUY

Jan 1, 2009, 6:26 PM
I work for sprint and that is completely false. Blackberry is set to lauch a slider this year, but there is no offical word about Sprint getting the handset or not. The only phones sprint is getting this month are the following. Pink versions of the Lotus and instinct, and the Treo 850 Pro.
lady- capricorn

Jan 5, 2009, 2:16 PM
Thank You for that information. I wasn't going to believe it til i saw it. It would be nice though.
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 6:47 PM
That would be pretty sweet! I would buy it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.