Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

ATTWS Stock

Crazyman

Jan 22, 2004, 9:29 AM
Ok - I'm not too smart when it comes to stocks and such, so I figured I'd ask some fellow employees and customers... Anyhow, in the event ATTWS DOES get bought by Cingular, or anyone else for that matter - what would happen to my stock? ATTWS' stock is rising quickly, and I'm getting very happy.. I just want to know if/when I should sell it!
Big Daddy

Jan 22, 2004, 9:51 AM
IMO NOW NOW NOW
annetagonist

Jan 23, 2004, 9:44 PM
Umm... not so.
After the merger happens, aws stock is going to sky rocket...
according to all my day-trader geek buddies.
Big Daddy

Jan 24, 2004, 2:14 PM
That was my opinion, could be wrong, could be right. 😁
cai

Jan 22, 2004, 10:44 AM
I AM NOT A STOCK ANALYST, NOR IS THIS INTENDED TO BE DEFINITIVE FINANCIAL ADVISE. THIS IS JUST AN OPINION - YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

I would not haste to sell now. Much depends on whether you are making a profit or not. The stock is now at around $11, when and if ATTWS gets bought, it may command a premium of a few dollars. It could conceivably go up to $20. If it does not get bought, you can unload it at close to the present price. It may decline some, but, historically once a company is identified as being for sale, interest in it will come from a lot of places. This will tend to keep the price at least at the present level.

In other words, if I were you, I would wait until the dust settles a bit and until there is more informatio...
(continues)
Crazyman

Jan 22, 2004, 2:07 PM
Im making a profit regardless, I just want to know how it will work if they are bought by a company... Will all my shares be converted to their price? Say I have 100 shares of AWS @ $11 per share. If they get 'bought' by a company with $20 per share, do I now have 50 shares? or still 100 @ $20 a share. All confusing to me.. I may not even wording it right and I apoligze if it doesn't even make sense! 🙄
cai

Jan 22, 2004, 2:21 PM
The usual way is that you will still have 100 shares at $20. The trick is, will you be able to have all your shares bought by the new company? That is, sometimes they want to buy just enough to gain control. In that case I do not know what happens to the price of the shares that do not get bought.

In any event, call your broker, or ATT shareholders division and they will better explain to you your options. That would probably be the better advise than that which any of us can give on this forum.
moobak

Jan 27, 2004, 1:26 AM
Cingular is only LLC, it doesn't have stock from what I know of my meager knowlage of stock stuff. Cingular is owned by SBC and BellSouth, but if they merge, they might sell their ownership off and allow Cingular/AWS merged become a seperate company, who knows.

Btw any reps of AWS or cingular respond could get in trouble (insider trading and all)
cai

Feb 17, 2004, 10:12 AM
I hope you did not sell your stock back on January 22, which is when you asked for opinions about the sale. It was worth about $11 then, it is now worth about $15. This is a much better time to unload.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.