Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 10 replies

New Sprint Plan...Tell me its NOT true

ZannaBoo

Mar 3, 2008, 6:47 AM
I was really intrested in this plan for my 2 lines. I read that If you have a phone that can be used as a modem you cannot have this plan. I just got the Samsung M520. In the phone description on sprint page it says can use phone as modem. So I dont qualify for this plan? If thats the case I am still within the 30 days I can return the phone and use my old phone is that correct. Someone PLEASE tell me its NOT true
mcielo

Mar 3, 2008, 1:20 PM
It is true! I have the Ultimate Power Vision Plan (or something like that) & after the fact, I was told that the fone as modem plan is not compatible w/my vision plan. U cannot have both. its either 1 or the other.
DarkStar

Mar 3, 2008, 1:36 PM
No its not true. All the sprint phones can be used as a modem. The only thing is that if you want to use it as a modem then you still have to pay $40.
ZannaBoo

Mar 3, 2008, 3:02 PM
Thank you I really appreciate the info. 😁
ac4321

Mar 3, 2008, 3:07 PM
Not sure why this is in rumor mill...

Anyway, the new unlimited plans do not include PAM. You'd need to call Sprint customer service to see if they can configure it as an add-on. I haven't seen any reports of this being done, yet, so it may not be an option either.
ZannaBoo

Mar 3, 2008, 9:54 PM
I dont need the PAM. I just want the simply everything plan. I can do without PAM. Dont even know how I to use PAM.
Wyldchylde

Mar 3, 2008, 7:12 PM
I was reading the FAQ's about the plan on the Indirect website and it said that phone as a modem is not currently an option able to add to those plans but that it may change with future enhancements.

The phone you have is able to do it but it isn't an option compatible with the "simply everything" plans yet.
ZannaBoo

Mar 3, 2008, 9:48 PM
I dont need to use my phone as modem. I dont even know how to use it as a modem. So just the simply everything will be enough for me. So I will be able to get this plan is that correct?
Wyldchylde

Mar 4, 2008, 11:46 AM
Oh, your inital description led one to believe you wanted that.

Of course you can get that plan.
ZannaBoo

Mar 4, 2008, 6:33 PM
Thank you I really appreciate your info.
DE 2 Philly

Mar 4, 2008, 8:57 PM
Just get an air-card its like 10x's faster than PAM

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.